Menu

Merry Christmas, one and all ... no wait ...

Luanne

I think it is Mother's Day.  I don't know.  It is difficult to tell with all that snow outside.

That's right.  It is 32 degrees (feels like 21) and snowing like crazy outside ... here in northern Colorado on Mother's Day.  The worst part is, they aren't even plowing the roads.  I guess they figure since it is May 11th, they don't need to.  :huh:

We are expecting 4-6 inches today and another 1-2 inches tomorrow.

a few years ago, we went to our local hot springs (in the mts.) during the week leading to memorial day. there was MORE snow in the mts than there was in January. every morning there'd be new snow on the hills. (at least we were low enough we only got heavy rain) the ski resorts were open on the 4th of July.

Eta: I'm in Washington.

Yikes  - makes me super excited to pack up to visit Colorado in a few weeks.  NOT.  Stay warm!

It will be melted by then ... at least if it doesn't snow anymore.  I'm not making any promises.

I'm in Colorado, too. I told the kids that they should build me a mother's day snowman!

I like that!

I used to live in Ft. Collins, CO. I miss the climate, especially the snow. Where I live now we get snow once every 9 years or so, and the heat and humidity and mosquitoes drive me indoors at least 6 months out of the year. Summertime is when I get cabin fever.

Feel free to ship your snow south!