Menu

Requiring a code in order to post??

Only when I went to post something with gifs or images in it. Then I was asked for a captcha code and a note of 100 words or less for the site owners. Very annoying. This was yesterday and I haven't posted any images today so I don't know if that's still in effect.

Yep I just got one for my book a week post....I didn't post cause I alway seem to fail captchas :(

The Book a Week thread is the only one I get asked for captchas. I think Negin posted the same thing, that it was only the BaW thread that was giving her issues. I just posted there tonight and got asked for captchas every time I posted but not on any other thread.

John's explanation on the malware thread makes no sense. It is completely random. Sometimes it requests it and sometimes it doesn't. If it thought I was a bot, wouldn't it always require it? My IP address doesn't change. I am using the same computer.

I agree it is totally annoying. At first it was numbers. Fine. But now it is word images that I can't make out.

I know I need a board break. I have been telling myself that for about 4 weeks! This might actually spur me on!

Yeah, I just got a code when I tried to edit.  Seriously, I can't ever seem to do captcha.  I am never able to get it to work.  Between the two "words" do you leave a space or not?  I try both ways but I give up.  I think I really just can't read it properly.  

Today has been particularly bad captcha-wise. It seems almost every other post or edit on the BaW thread I'm required to give one. Very annoying :thumbdown:  I wonder if this is something that's being addressed or if it will now be standard.

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm starting to dread the moment I write a long post only to watch it disappear into the great beyond--lost forever--while I'm trying to captcha. . . :(

I hadn't posted on the main board for a couple weeks or more (a few? I don't remember), but I've been communicating via PM with a couple gals the last few days, and I have to put in a code Every.Single.Time.... EVEN IF IT'S JUST TO PREVIEW MY POST BEFORE SENDING.  Then I have to do it AGAIN when I actually send the post. 

I've typed a note in the text box three or four times asking Admin WHY I have to do this, and no response.  It's still the same. 

I'm going to try to post this now and see if I get it again -- without any images or links in this post.  Even though I feel like inserting several not-so-happy images.

Nope, no code that time (with an image)!  So apparently it's completely random?  Either that or it's only affecting ME when I preview and send PMs, but it's happened EVERY time I've tried to do anything in PM.   (And yes, I use the same computer nearly 100% of the time, so that has nothing to do with it.)

Nope, no code that time (with an image)!  So apparently it's completely random?  Either that or it's only affecting ME when I preview and send PMs, but it's happened EVERY time I've tried to do anything in PM.   (And yes, I use the same computer nearly 100% of the time, so that has nothing to do with it.)

Yes, it's random. Yesterday was ridiculous in terms of captchas, even just to edit a post. Today nothing. To balance the thumbs down smilies of yesterday... :thumbup:

This just happened to me on a post with no links or images.  It has never happened before.  I also got the malware message-umm, no, DH has this baby locked down like Fort Knox.  I also requested a message be sent to the moderator asking why it happened.  I will post here if I get a response.

I had this happen yesterday for a regular post w/ no links or pictures. I tried reloading to make it go away and it didn't help. I filled the captcha in, hit submit, and then realized that I had filled the captcha in incorrectly. To my surprise, it submitted without asking me to do it again. I know I didn't put the correct code in.