Menu

Golden Book Gown (a dress made from the spines and art of discarded Golden books)

Kareni

I have to admit that my first thought was, "Well there's somebody with way too much time on her hands," but then I clicked on the link and was amazed by the amount of work and talent involved.

I thought it would be a mighty stiff dress with all those cardboard covers...limited imagination as usual.

I thought it would be a mighty stiff dress with all those cardboard covers...limited imagination as usual.

I was right there with you. :D

But you know, a limited imagination isn't necessarily such a bad thing. Think of the hours upon hours you saved yourself by never having an incredible light bulb moment and saying, "Hey, I'll bet I could make a lovely gown out of a bunch of old Golden Books."

There's a lot to be said for a lack of creativity. It frees up so much of your time for the truly important things in life, like napping and going out for coffee.

I don't like to brag, but laziness combined with an overall lack of vision has been working for me for years. ;)

:D 

I was right there with you. :D

But you know, a limited imagination isn't necessarily such a bad thing. Think of the hours upon hours you saved yourself by never having an incredible light bulb moment and saying, "Hey, I'll bet I could make a lovely gown out of a bunch of old Golden Books."

There's a lot to be said for a lack of creativity. It frees up so much of your time for the truly important things in life, like napping and going out for coffee.

I don't like to brag, but laziness combined with an overall lack of vision has been working for me for years. ;)

:lol:  :smilielol5:  :hurray:

The gown is gorgeous, but I really do not have any desire to make it...well, okay, a little...it did give me the idea for a white and black gown made from the pages of old Math books. I mean, shoot, with my goofy math and science husband, if I made that...wow! It would be a show stopper.

But nah...I think I'm too lazy, ahem, I mean busy! :D

The dress is beautiful.  I have no genius imagination.  Nor would I want to part with my Golden Books.

I can't help thinking about how impractical it would be to wear.  You could not wear it to an event with food.  I would imagine clear liquid beverages would be okay. Sitting would probably crinkle the skirt beyond repair so you have to stand all evening.  Forget going to the bathroom.