Menu

Bibbity bobbity boutique

reign

Has anyone taken their children to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique? We will be at DisneyWorld in September. A relative gave my girls a gift card "to be used at the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique." I'm just wondering how long this is going to take. Also if it was super fun and worth the price. It just seems like so much money for so little lol!

Is it only for the princess makeover/hair thing, or is it good for merchandise in the shop?  I haven't been to Disneyworld, but when I was at Disneyland 2 years ago there were tons of little girls getting the full princess hairdo/makeover.  Never having been a girly-girl myself, I thought it was a bit silly, but they were loving it.  The shop also sold just the princess dresses, accessories, and other princess toys/trinkets, though, so maybe they could use it for more re-usable stuff if the makeover isn't a big deal to them?

I booked this, as part of my job with Disney Dining.  Each appt should take about 30 minutes...that can vary on the child though...how long they take to make their choices, ie fingernail color, etc.    But the castmembers are trained to keep it moving (though they don't rush you), so 30 minutes is the norm.

It's super popular, and will book up quickly. Reservations open 180 days in advance (190 if you are a DIsney Resort guest), and generally book up within the first few days of reservations opening.  Most people like to book it the same day they do the Cinderella's Royal Table (which also books up within a day or two of reservations opening!!).

Personally, as I'm a mother of boys, and not the type of female that goes ga-ga over princessy stuff, I don't get it.  But I suppose if I had a little girl that was very much into princesses, and the dress-up thing, I'd do it for a special occasion (especially if it is paid for by someone else, lol!).  Probably a once-in-a-lifetime event...the castmembers make it very special for the little girls.  BTW, you don't have to purchase a costume there...if you own one, your child can wear their own.    If your daughters aren't in love with the idea, use the gift cards for something else.

My mother was there and did it with my sis and her dd who was five at the time and my mom was stunned at how people begin treating the child who has been there as though they are the character they are made up to be. She thought it was worth the money and then some if you have a child who could use the ego boost, and she is the CHEAPEST person I know, lol.

I took DD to BBB when she was 8 and she loved it.

We went to the one at Downtown Disney because they had a reservation time before the park opened and we were there probably around 45min. We only did hair and make up and DD was treated like a princess by every character we visited that day.

She is now 13 and is a little ticked off that the BBB said she was too old for another visit.

Adults can do the makeover, too, by the way.

Unfortunately, the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique is now only offered to guests 12 and under. It's been about a year or so since this change.

As others have said, I highly recommend the experience as it makes the magic last all day long through the extra special attention your little princess will receive from the entire cast at Disney throughout the day. Enjoy your vacation!

Unfortunately, the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique is now only offered to guests 12 and under. It's been about a year or so since this change.

Maybe some people had the same reaction my dd and I did. dd was 10 at the time and she and I were on the WDW bus to get back to our hotel. There was a pair of women about 40ish with no children made up to look exactly the same little tiaras and all. They were weird looking. When we got to the room dd told me she thought they looked creepy. Not exactly the vibe Disney wants to put out. This was 6 years ago. 

On the other hand the little girls are quite cute. 

We did it for my little girls. The youngest was just two so all she got was the dress and such my oldest was 9 and yes we went all out. Yes it was amazing. Other children stopped and asked my daughter my her autograph since she was "Little Belle". Stictch the character danced with her at Space Mountain and when there was a parade Big Belle grabbed her from the crowd and had her walk with her! She is almost 17 now and still speaks of that day. The characters dressed as princes all bowed to her through out the park. It was just a beautiful day. Yes it cost ALOT but it was one day and worth it. It was just perfect

My dd has done this a few times.  She LOVES it, obviously!  They have different kinds of hair styles to choose from.  And, the style will last more than just the one day.  

We always brought our own dresses from home and just got the hair and nail package.  It was a nice treat to do before eating in the Royal Palace for lunch.

We also did the Pirate League on our Disney cruise for Pirate night.  They did a GREAT job!  My son and daughter did that one.

This really depends on your child.  We took my DD and my niece when they were 7 and 8 and although they really liked getting all made up and having their pictures taken, by the time we made it to the hotel from Downtown Disney they were hollering for the swimming pool.  They had no desire to remain all dolled up.

We purchased our own Cinderella gowns prior to arriving in Orlando at a Disney store in North Atlanta. It was their birthday request at the time. We then did our own fancy hair and makeup in our hotel room. We then proceeded to Cinderellas Royal Table for dinner. My girls had a more unique, more extravagant dress. Their hair was beautiful and makeup perfect. All the other little girls looked identical to each other and I would say their dresses were cheaper quality. We still have the dresses and they are 3 years old and have been heavily played with. We saved a ton of money by doing it ourselves and the girls never once thought they missed out. 

This really depends on your child.  We took my DD and my niece when they were 7 and 8 and although they really liked getting all made up and having their pictures taken, by the time we made it to the hotel from Downtown Disney they were hollering for the swimming pool.  They had no desire to remain all dolled up.

LOL  My dd went swimming a couple times with the hair in that bun.  Then, she slept in it.  We took the tiara out but added it back the next morning and you couldn't tell her hair hadn't been done that day.  They must use super glue!

We purchased our own Cinderella gowns prior to arriving in Orlando at a Disney store in North Atlanta. It was their birthday request at the time. We then did our own fancy hair and makeup in our hotel room. We then proceeded to Cinderellas Royal Table for dinner. My girls had a more unique, more extravagant dress. Their hair was beautiful and makeup perfect. All the other little girls looked identical to each other and I would say their dresses were cheaper quality. We still have the dresses and they are 3 years old and have been heavily played with. We saved a ton of money by doing it ourselves and the girls never once thought they missed out.

We did this too. Bought an awesome disney Cinderella gown off ebay that was like new and brought tiara, make up, glitter spray for hair, and fun earrings. She loved it...and did it multiple days of our trip. Worked great and didn't cost much at all.