Menu

An Update on us....

A few weeks ago I posted about our homeschooling days coming to an end due to my work schedule. Well, after much rayer, deliberation and temper tantrums, dh and I have decided to lessen my outside work hours and hire an extra office person. This is working out well, so we will be continuing our homeschooling...and better yet, I am now freed up to really focus on my 3 youngest kids! I have not had this freedom with them EVER!! I feel like a new stay at home mom....although, I have been home and homeschooling for 20 years....working and homeschooling for the past 9 years.

Anyway, I am beginning to assess my kids....take time to figure out where they are at academically, physically, emotionally etc. ( don't judge me! This has been an incredibly hard season in the life of our family! Holding it together was the very best I could do! Everyone can read, write and do basic math and everyone has a good grasp of history. ).

Now, I think I am going to have a workbook burning party! ( just kidding....planning to pack them up and give them to sil as a big giant gift! Her kids love them.....or at least tolerate them well.)

I am re-reading WTM and seeing my kids are doing fine on the basics.....I am scouring the web, looking at organization ....setting up notebooks and generally playing!

I really love homeschooling, and was so miserable thinking I wouldn't be able to finish this thing. Looks lie we have a stay! I am excited and planning! Thanks for all your prayers and support! I really appreciate them!

Faithe

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: Yay! I'm so glad to read your update! Can't wait to see the direction you take!

Me either!! Lol! Right now I feel whiplashed. I am amazed at what is disordered and what is not. We have been in survival mode for so long, that it was the normal for us. I know I need some rest, some fun and some real relationship building with these young people! My house needs some real TLC. I am not good at clutter, so that isn't the issue....but, 7 kids can wreck a house! Lol!

Right now, I am just happy....and trying not to let anxiety creep in and ruin it. :-)

What a wonderful update to read! You sounded so dismayed at the idea of being done homeschooling, and I'm so happy things are working out the way you had hoped!

Also, how reassuring to read that even in survival mode, the basics were still happening -- nice to know that things don't have to fall apart completely during a crisis.

Great update! Let us know if we can help you as you delve deeper into this.

You bet!!! Right now enjoying my favorite part....hiding in my room eating chocolate perusing these boards and re-reading my WTM during a blizzard! Does life get better??? Oh, I packed away all of the CLE stuff we won't be using...and just that one act made me feel so much better. :-)

Me either!! Lol! Right now I feel whiplashed. I am amazed at what is disordered and what is not. We have been in survival mode for so long, that it was the normal for us. I know I need some rest, some fun and some real relationship building with these young people! My house needs some real TLC. I am not good at clutter, so that isn't the issue....but, 7 kids can wreck a house! Lol!

Right now, I am just happy....and trying not to let anxiety creep in and ruin it. :-)

I'm so glad you've found a solution!