• MIlk
    • salt & pepper
    • Cream Cheese
    • sour cream
    • cheese
    • cream
    • cauliflower
    • Other please specify

I was reading Heather's Thanksgiving thread when I realized how many different ways people make mashed potatoes.  So what do you put in yours?

I usually put in milk, butter, salt and pepper.  I started making mashed cauliflower a year ago and now sometimes I will make mix of mashed cauliflower and mashed potatoes with cheese, milk, butter salt and pepper.

I don't make mashed potatoes, DH does.  He is constantly finding some new recipe from America's Test Kitchen to try for mashed potatoes, so whatever and however he chooses to make them is FINE with me.  I hate making mashed potatoes!

Sometimes he puts in just butter and salt.  Other times he has varied with sour cream or cream cheese.  

Butter, chicken stock, salt and pepper. We used to use milk but switched to chicken stock due to a dairy allergy. As it turns out, I prefer the chicken stock to milk. When ds had the dairy allergy we also used olive oil instead of butter. Now that the allergy is gone the butter has returned.

For holidays/fancy, we use a ricer and add butter, sour cream, cream cheese, and a little garlic salt.   Depending on the consistency, we might add a little milk.    

For everyday, mash with milk, butter, and a little salt.    

I add pepper to mine at the table.    The rest of the family can add more salt or pepper at the table.