s/o Those of you that think gas prices should equal Europe's

NatashainDFW

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides that, nope, never been bitten by a spider or a snake, haven't been stung by a jellyfish or eaten by a croc. The suburbs are safe, I tell you!

I don't believe you.  I flat out don't believe you, unless you live in a bubble.  I watch Discovery Channel. 

I'm sure you've been bitten by at least one shark, too.  Don't try to deny it. 

I honestly believe your entire continent is full of the undead.  It's a good thing you're an island.  

I'm too lazy to search for them, but there have indeed been threads about gun-toting kids on bikes.

No, really, I'm not kidding. :)

I remember being quite shocked and posting that if we saw anything like that in our neighborhood, the police would be called immediately, as that sort of thing is illegal... and I may have mentioned creepy and scary, but I can't remember for sure. ;)

But several people said that their own kids carry guns when they go out on their bikes, because there are predators in their area (not people, but wild animals like cougars,) and they need the guns to stay safe.

I used to go for rides on my horse with a rifle regularly. No sane kid would go out without one. We had a grizzly that lived in our south field, a huge cougar in the area, numerous black bear that were way too curious, and wolves that were as big as a small pony. I'm not kidding about the wolf size either, there was a mid sized family sedan that hit one in the area last week and it totaled her car and the wolf walked away from it. The wolves here made our very large malamute look like a small pup.

If a kid in town was carrying a rifle on a bike, well the cops would probably be called and the kid would be in trouble. We aren't supposed to carry them around town. Too many people and things could go very wrong.

Lol, no, but we put a hole in the wall vent with a hockey stick last night. We were trying to get rid of the enormous huntsman above my bed.

Wait...uh....

Hockey in Australia I can maybe get, with indoor UV-shielded rinks and such. I mean, they ski inside in Japan. That huntsman throws me, as the first image is the guy with the axe from Snow White. Did you just thwart a home invasion via hockey? I think that gives you Canadian citizenship by default.

OK. Sooo on the lines of this thread. The o'possum is back. I wouldn't let DS shoot it because 1. it was in the garage and the mess would have been horrid 2. it's just a baby! 3. It is less aggressive than some of our feral cats. 

I got a picture on my mom's camera. I will post it tomorrow.

Well, you already know that I would make friends with it, so of course I'm going to suggest that you do the same. :)

OK, a shark bit my big toe off as a baby. You got me.

No....way....

Oh, and field hockey...that doesn't make you Canadian, but rather a fine candidate for a New England prep school, which is still good, without the beer, I mean.

I was going to say 'Pics or it didn't happen' but I suspect it is the 'didn't happen' part :lol:

Yeah. Lots of yellow stuff. Sometimes green.

I would post a pic of a huntsman, but I don't want anyone to lose sleep tonight. :)

The first time I saw a huntsman I screamed and dissolved into tears. (I was pregnant, hormonal, and homesick given I'd just moved to the other side of the world to the land of giant spiders.) The first time I found a huntsman in my house I called my FIL to come kill it for me! Now I can deal with them, but I still give a little yell. ;)