Menu

Anybody else enjoy SHIELD last night?

Moxie

Honestly,I thought it was a little slow. And I'm not sure I understand the premise of show. Are there all of these secret superheroes and villains running around undercover and SHIELD is bringing them in (kind of like a mixture of Heroes and Xmen)? I'm giving it a few more episodes because I enjoy the Marvel franchise and Joss Wheadon, but I'm already lost.

Honestly,I thought it was a little slow. And I'm not sure I understand the premise of show. Are there all of these secret superheroes and villains running around undercover and SHIELD is bringing them in (kind of like a mixture of Heroes and Xmen)? I'm giving it a few more episodes because I enjoy the Marvel franchise and Joss Wheadon, but I'm already lost.

Chelli - I felt like there was a backstory that I didn't really get.  Ds said that was because I hadn't watched The Avengers movie.  But he filled me in a bit and that helped.  So that is my only complaint.  

Chelli - I felt like there was a backstory that I didn't really get. Ds said that was because I hadn't watched The Avengers movie. But he filled me in a bit and that helped. So that is my only complaint.

Well I've watched The Avengers and all the individual superhero movies that go with it. I still was lost!

I wanted to like it because I love Joss Whedon and I really enjoyed The Avengers, but to be honest it was a little like having to watch all the slow, talky parts of The Avengers stuck together into a tv show.  I'll give it a few more episodes before I give up on it, but I was disappointed.

Is it going to be showing on Hulu on a regular basis? I think my kids would like it but we don't have TV or cable. If we don't need a hulu subscription then they can see it there, right? In the usual way, in that the episode will be up for a week or 10 days and then expire?

I haven't used hulu in ages, but last time I checked you can still watch on a laptop without a subscription as long as you are fast and keep up.

I watched tonight on the ABC web site. I don't have a TV and hadn't heard of it until I saw this thread!

I liked it and I already am invested in a couple of the characters.

I saw the Avengers movie and didn't like it much, though. The show takes place after some incident in New York and there was an ad for a new Avengers movie in which there's some incident in NY. Will the movie coming out in Nov dovetail with the show somehow?

I think the ad you saw is for the Thor sequal. The incident in New York is in the Avengers movie, which you can rent or watch on Netflix streaming.

My 7th and 9th grader had trouble following it! They aren't tv/movie watchers though. I watch all the Marvel shows and movies with my 16yo son with special needs. I had to pause to explain umpteen times!