Menu

Guess Who I Had Lunch with Today?

Jean in Newcastle

I spilled the beans in a couple of other threads but I got to meet and have lunch with our very own DawnM!  It was so nice to talk to her face-to-face and to get to know her some more.  It turns out that we overlapped at the same university for a year but I was away doing my internship so I didn't meet her then.  And I probably would have met her because we have some mutual friends!  (Though I've lost touch with them over the years.)  Small world, right? Dd11 came to meet Dawn too.  We had a lovely lunch at P.F. Chang's.  

I don't know if Dawn is going to get to see this since she's away from home visiting right now. So this means I get to say whatever I want. . .   bwahahahahaha!  

No, but I bet her brother would. Or her sister, sounds like you knew them better.

She thought it was great.

Dawn

Which makes sense since I remember them a lot better than I remember her!   :lol:

I really had a great time meeting you today.  Thank you so much for making time to see me in the midst of your mini reunion.  

Fun!

I would like to be there right now...it was 97 here today, I had to vacuum up a baby scorpion last week...

Of course, we have cute little ground squirrels and nice neighbors, so it is not all bad, but I will be glad when it cools down. I also am praying for only cute wildlife. Turkeys, squirrels, ground squirrels (they look like mini Meerkats) etc. are fine. Scorpions and rattlesnakes are not. I am not sure if they have any poisonous spiders here or not, but they are not welcome here either. I am ambivalent about the paper wasps, they seem to mind their own business. My children are not fans, however. I knock the nests down for them but they still go out to get the mail through the garage instead of the front door, they build their nests near the covered front door and fly around there at times.