Menu

Controversial topic warning: Kitchen!

DawnM

As little as possible. Coffeepot. Fruit bowl. Vertical paper towel holder. A jug of drinking water and usually a pitcher of barely-any-sugar Koolaid, unless I can fit them in the fridge (rare).

I hate having things on my countertops. I also have nothing on my refrigerator except for a short magnetized grocery list on the side. We even found a wonderful, undercabinet, swivel knife block.

Everything else goes in the cabinets, or in the cabinet part of the china cabinet. I have a lot of storage space in this kitchen, and I'm embarrassed to say that I still have a bunch of extra stuff stored in the basement. :blush:

Keurig

KitchenAid Mixers (yes, plural - 2 :blushing: )

Toaster

Food Processor

Cooking utensil round thing

Knife block

Crockpot

Drinking cups for the day

Phone charging cords

I like clean counters and I have a lot of counter space (every appliance has it's own outlet, lol), so my kitchen looks pretty clean. I would like to put my toaster in a cabinet as we don't use it a lot, but it makes a terrible mess every time it is moved, so it just stays out. The crockpot actually has a space in a cabinet, but we are using it often enough, it can stay out. The one thing that does need to get off the counter is our phone charging cords. Need to find a place for them.

Okay, about the mixers, you're my kinda gal!

About the toaster, I found a metal serving tray that has sides about 1" tall. The toaster lives on the tray, which I keep in a cabinet and pull out when we need it. All the crumbs are contained in the tray. :thumbup1:

No, no I won't count, and you can't make me!! :leaving:

I will admit that there a dozen pretty pink cupcakes (strawberry) that I just frosted hanging out on the counter.

I hate clutter--it makes me physically ill. That said, I live in a whole mess of it. :confused1: If I had my way, the only things on my counter would be the toaster oven, the basket I keep bananas and stuff in, my KitchenAid stand mixer, my butter crock, my knife block and marble cutting board, and *maybe* my blender, well, probably not. There's a whole lot more than that on my counter right now, though. A whole lot.

Toaster oven

Utensil holder with utensils

Dish rack with a few clean dishes

Coffee maker

Frappe maker

Microwave

Cutting boards

Knife block

Spices

Cookbooks

It is kind of crowded but our cupboard space is limited and full at the moment. I'm going to work on clearing some pantry space over the summer.

No counter space to speak of in my tiny home, nor much storage (except in the basement, not exactly convenient to the kitchen). I've learned to skim my counter down to:

Coffee pot,

Toaster,

Ninja blender.

My knives are on the wall on a magnetic strip and my cutting board sits over the sink for use. My big spoons, spatulas, ect hang on hooks with my pots and pans. My microwave died and I decided to learn to live without it instead of replace it (I admit I miss my microwave at times). Ii dry in my oven on low with the door cracked. My coffee grounds are purchased pre-ground, and I mix bread dough by hand. :)

We use a lot of vertical space. Baskets on the wall for fruits and veggies, magnetic strip, pot rack.

Microwave (on top if it are the instant coffee supplies and spreads for toast)

Espresso machine

Kettle (dh prefers instant coffee)

Toaster

Anything else is only permitted temporary counter space, as our kitchen is tiny.

1. toaster, 2. straw dispenser, 3. basket with keurig cups and tea bags, 4. keurig, 5. Cuisinart, 6. thingie that holds attachments for Cuisinart, 7. drainboard, 8. pampered chef rotating utensil holder, 9. a dishpan that sits on a small segment by the sink for holding rinsed dishes that are ready for the dishwasher. I like the sinks to remain empty. 2 soap dispensers sit on the back of the sink. One for hand soap and one for dish soap.

It's the end of the day and the dishes have been removed from the drying towel. So I have:

Basket of Vitamins and supplements

Bowl of fruit

toaster oven

Coffee pot

coffee grinder

coffee filter holder (wooden and adorable)

Knife block with cutting board behind it

antique cookie jar with utensils

Pottery crock with wooden spoons etc next to stove

Cast iron trivet next to stove

Small pottery bowl with rock salt - makes me feel like Jamie Oliver.

Kettle lives on the stove top.

All the above on useless little slice of counter next to stove.

Dish drainer is usually out.

Recipe book holder

Fruit bowl

Old fashioned kitchen scale

Microwave - really hate that it is so big but it is the one we were given.

Kitchenaid

Emergency radio

Transformer for the 110 appliances

Oh forgot the big slice of tree that is my chopping block. That is too heavy to move from the counter.

Everything else goes in a cupboard. I do have some little useless shelves with knick knacks on and that make me happy. I sort of like and hate clutter all at the same time.