Menu

Can we have a roll call for those attending the RFWP conference June 27-29?

I'm still so tempted, even though the timing makes it hard for me. Are a lot of people bringing their kids?

So, if you bring your kids, what do they do while you are listening to a speaker? I have a teen who might enjoy a good lecture, but, then again, I might enjoy some time away from everyone. I wasn't really planning to go, but now I'm thinking.....

If I go, can someone here promise me I won't come home with more books?

So, if you bring your kids, what do they do while you are listening to a speaker? I have a teen who might enjoy a good lecture, but, then again, I might enjoy some time away from everyone. I wasn't really planning to go, but now I'm thinking.....

If I go, can someone here promise me I won't come home with more books?

There are concurrent sessions for older kids and younger kids listed in the schedule. I'm not sure what they consider older and younger, but my 10-year-old was excited by the older-kid offerings. Though yes, the time away from everyone was what I was originally hoping for--I don't think that will happen with our schedule the way it looks now though.

As for the books, I would assume nothing. I went into the last RFWP conference thinking I was safe because I already owned all the RFWP books I could possibly need for the coming year or so. $150 later...

As for the books, I would assume nothing. I went into the last RFWP conference thinking I was safe because I already owned all the RFWP books I could possibly need for the coming year or so. $150 later...

That's what I am afraid of!

I so wish I could go. I just looked at the speakers and I would love to hear them, just what I need. But there is no way on this earth that I could get to PA this summer. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Does anyone know the age ranges for the older and younger classes? I'd been wanting to go but we're having a crazy summer and I didn't want to stick dh with all the kids. But now I'm thinking maybe I could bring my older two. They are six and eight.

Also, my older is in a wheelchair though he's cognitively normal and independent. I assume the facility is all accessible since it's a college, right?

ETA: Looking at the class topics for kids, I'm sure my 8yo would like the older sessions a lot more even if half the material is over his head. But I'd love some feedback about it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's this week :party: I am so looking forward to increasing my knowledge and meeting a lot of great homeschooling parents!

If you are interested in a group dinner on Thursday evening, please drop me a pm. I'd like to finalize everything by Wednesday morning :)

I'm not active on your forum ...BUT I am making a long trek up the East Coast to attend.

I actually went 2 years ago and fell in love with MCT and his curriculum. I really enjoyed Susan Wise Bauer too!

I missed the Nature Study seminar and wanted to go so badly...

I will be bringing five of my six children to the conference, and we are staying on campus.

I would join you all for the Thursday night dinner BUT we are not getting in till about 0100. I got wind of a Rock Opera of Frankenstein in DC so we are going to stop there and cut our trip up a little and then head your way.

My kiddos are

14, 12, 10 = boys

8, 6 = girls

I am really excited!

I'm not active on your forum ...BUT I am making a long trek up the East Coast to attend.

I actually went 2 years ago and fell in love with MCT and his curriculum. I really enjoyed Susan Wise Bauer too!

I missed the Nature Study seminar and wanted to go so badly...

I will be bringing five of my six children to the conference, and we are staying on campus.

I would join you all for the Thursday night dinner BUT we are not getting in till about 0100. I got wind of a Rock Opera of Frankenstein in DC so we are going to stop there and cut our trip up a little and then head your way.

My kiddos are

14, 12, 10 = boys

8, 6 = girls

I am really excited!

How wonderful Neve! We'll see you at breakfast Friday :)

I had a nice talk at dinner with dharmacat, Carrie12345, and a lovely woman not yet on this forum :)

Today's highlights: MCT vocabulary and grammar talks, a great hands-on nature study session with Laurel Dodge (WTM's own Kalmia), and a very thought-provoking session on American history. I will be going to two more history session tomorrow-----using primary sources and using Big Ideas (overarching concepts, themes, and generalizations). Fascinating.

I'm also enjoying the informal discussions on curricula, methods, and what local support looks like around the country. Some people came from quite far away!