Menu

Refurbished Ipad

Amanda's Mommy

I had AppleCare on my iPad2. Just a few months shy of the two year expiration I started having problems with the battery not charging. After a two software suggestions for troubleshooting, they swapped out my iPad with a refurb. I haven't had any problems with it. :0) The whole replacement process was super smooth and the employees I dealt with were friendly and professional. I wouldn't go without AppleCare, especially since AppleCare+ includes some repairs (like if you cracked your screen) for $50.

So, yes, in essence I'd definitely consider a refurb in the future.

Don't have a refurb but wouldn't hesitate to buy one. And when my iPad hits its one-year mark and the standard warranty expires, I will be buying AppleCare.

Definitely get a case. I have the Belkin one with the keyboard, which I really like, and I also have screen protectors for it. The kids have all used the iPad, and so far, so good.

I bought 2 refurbished iPads. They are still going strong. They looked brand new.

I heartily recommend AppleCare. On top of extending your warranty it adds accident coverage. They will replace your iPad up to 2 times for a $50 copay.

ETA: I have also bought a MacBook Air and a MacBook Pro refurbished. No issues with those, either.