Menu

Someone with sunshine tell me about it

It has been raining here for a week. It is supposed to rain for another week. We are under a flood watch and phones are out all over town. Thank goodness the internet still works for us.

So someone with sunshine tell me how wonderful it is and what it looks like before I forget.

The silver lining about the rain is that our highs are in the upper 60's

So someone with sunshine tell me how wonderful it is and what it looks like before I forget.

It's been in the high 90s for over 20 days in a row now. I'm dreading my next AC bill! Our rainfall was pretty non-existent the month of July.

I wake up to clear blue skies, sometimes there are no clouds all day. Hot and dry. Some days we get afternoon thunderstorms in the area, but that only means 1/4 inch of rain for someone somewhere.

Should cool down to high 80s by Tuesday, though. Can't wait!

On Wednesday I was feeling old, cold and completely frustrated with our weather. It seemed like September. I kept thinking "man we could use some global warming in our neck of the woods".

Friday the sun peaked out, for one day. Yesterday was so-so. Today we have brilliant sunshine and I feel like a million bucks.

I feel your pain because I live where we experience coastal climates -- which means lots of precipitation! Every time I read threads that talk about high heat . . . well I can only imagine. (BTW I don't really want high heat, just some sun.) Hang in there!!

From what I've heard--I personally refuse to look--we've had a record # of days over 100 degrees. They're spraying the sides of the hwy w/ those water trucks to prevent grass fires. The house is dark because it's too hot to let in *actual* light.

Sunshine is a wonderful thing. :D

Parrothead, PLEASE send us some rain! :001_smile:

Us too... I'm headed out to run an open studio (jewelry class) and I have to wear long pants and close toed shoes. My car has no ac (air conditioning ;)) and the heat index for this afternoon is 102! :blink:

I would love to be in rainy Maine right now.

Well, I feel almost guilty posting this...but it's GLORIOUS here in Northern Virginia today! (That's probably the last time you'll ever hear me say that about VA in the summer.) It's sunny and breezy and LOW HUMIDITY. I simply can't believe it. Wonderful!

Hang in there...

I would trade places with you in a minute (we could work out a wife swap??). I fantasize about living in a cool, rainy climate. I realize I'm not your typical person, but that's the kind of weather that energizes me.

Here it's hot, sunny, and humid, but luckily there's a breeze blowing today. Could be worse.

I've heard of this mythical substance which falls from on high, quenches the thirst of drooping flora and fauna, and generally brings with it a blessed cooling (or, at least, a temporary less hot state). I am not, however, familiar with it.

Thanks everyone. We had to finally break down and go to the city and get groceries today. My dd was squished in the back seat of the pick up with all of the stuff that couldn't get wet.

Hopefully it will dry out soon - at least before it snows. We are under a flood watch and now the 'net only works periodically.

It has been raining here for a week. It is supposed to rain for another week. We are under a flood watch and phones are out all over town. Thank goodness the internet still works for us.

The silver lining about the rain is that our highs are in the upper 60's

See, this is another example of everything being out of balance. We have not had rain for months and it's currently between F92 - F98, varying from day to day.

When we had the woods ablaze around us, we could have used the rain as much as you could use some sunshine. But far be it from me to complain - at least I can breathe now, most of the fires are out and the sky is blue, the air is clear.