Menu

My son is getting married!

PentecostalMom

Congrats!!

My oldest son and his girlfriend decided this past weekend that they're getting married next month while his best friend is home on Naval leave for 5 days. I'm feeling more than a little crazed with only 5 weeks to plan the wedding; I can't even begin to imagine having to do all this pregnant. :svengo:

Congratulations!!! My dd got engaged three weeks ago and is getting married August 9th. Typical short LDS engagement...that "no sex before marriage" thing gets you to the altar quickly. ;) I'm just happy it isn't dragging on for a year or more. That would drive me bonkers!! LOL

Congratulations!! Sometimes the shorter planning periods are nice, because you stick with what's important and don't get as caught up in details that are not.

I do think I agree with that. I think shorter time frames tend to be less expensive too, because of the need to do more work yourself or call on friends with the necessary skills.

Congratulations to both of you! Have you picked out your dresses? :D

I haven't yet. We're going dress shopping Saturday.