Menu

Anyone else have a child turning 8 on Aug. 8th?

Just curious. My 2nd ds will be 8 that day. I think it's so cool. I don't really have anything special planned but I'm working on it.

Nope, but we were married on 7-8-90. We didn't realize the "coolness" of it until we got our engraved glasses. Almost made us wish we'd planned the time of the wedding a few hours earlier, then we could have been married at 12:34:56 7/8/90.

Our firstborn arrived on 4/9/94. It wasn't quite his due date, so the significance didn't hit me until I was in labor.

Hope your DS has a wonderful, memorable birthday!

We had a golden birthday celebration, literally. We decorated with gold colored paper products and had a cake that looked like gold bars. Party prizes were in terra cotta pots spray painted gold and filled with golden nuggets (gold wrapped hershey bars) and pyrite (fool's gold). We had lots of fun with the theme and it was fairly easy. It was raining or we'd have hunted for gold (scavenger hunt with clues or a treasure map). Happy birthday to your daughter.

Where did you download the icon from?

BTW: Our son turned into a teen on 07-07-07.

I'm not sure if you are asking me but I'm not sure where I got it. I've been trying to get it for other boards I am on but I can get it to work.

From reading this thread, it looks like several people will be celebrating that day. Happy, Happy!