Menu

What all subjects do you use Rod & Staff?

Mom28kds

I am using the English (Grammar) books with 2 of my children this year. I've been pleased with them. We got started late in the year after trying CQLA for 2 months and then KISS grammar that both flopped here. I speak and write well but didn't remember the grammar rules, diagramming, etc. These books have been great!

You can order samples from Milestone books for $2.00 (total for shipping). I think that I have seen some posters mention that you can get free samples directly from the publisher, but I found it easier to just order the samples online. I ordered the samples for each grade all at the same time. I found the samples to be very helpful in deciding what to use. We will use R&S for grammar & spelling and my oldest will use it for math (youngest will be in Singapore).

I use (and love) pretty much everything from Rod & Staff! We use their English, math, spelling, science, and history/geography. I'm also going to try their 5th grade reading program and penmanship next year. I use their science and history mostly as spines... we add a lot of library books and other hands-on stuff. I really like Rod & Staff.... so affordable and easy to teach. It's flexible and can be used independently. I like how it' s no-nonsense and very academically sound.

You can order samples from Milestone books for $2.00 (total for shipping). I think that I have seen some posters mention that you can get free samples directly from the publisher, but I found it easier to just order the samples online. I ordered the samples for each grade all at the same time. I found the samples to be very helpful in deciding what to use. We will use R&S for grammar & spelling and my oldest will use it for math (youngest will be in Singapore).

You can get *free* samples from the publisher by calling (606) 522-4348. :-) While you're at it, you can get the free scope and sequence.

I use their music and artpacs. I like their grammar and spelling, just not a good fit for us at this time. I am looking into using their math for my up and coming 1st grader.

Art With a Purpose (each individual level is an ArtPac) is not published by Rod and Staff. :-)

I am using spelling, english and math with Sons 3 and 4. They love it. I have considered the art. Anyone have an opinion on it? Is it a good choice for the artistically challeged? (and obviously spelling challenged this am!)

The art (Art With a Purpose) is not actually published by Rod & Staff. :) I've never used it, but I've seen positive comments about it and it's very affordable.

I have used from the beginning: English, spelling, math, penmanship

We used in the past the phonics for 1st and 2nd grade and the entire 1st grade reading program. We have used their music to supplement our music studies over the years.

ETA:: I forgot the preschool ABC workbooks. One of my children used them and now I use them w/my 4 yr old DN that I am in charge of.