Menu

s/o WP does anyone resell it?

I am a rule follower by nature, therefore I have a beautiful full Animals And Their World winter promise program up in the attic. Mint condition. I would love to sell it (or even give it away), but I am afraid of breaking the rules. I know that I could sell the books individually, but it seems like a shame to split it all up.

What do you do with your old winter promise stuff?

I was planning to resell my guide for American Story 2. I feel like I bought it and I can do with it what I wish. We had a house fire and it was ruined so it ended up not being an issue, but I would not hesitate to resell, I will probably purchase Children Around the World and when I am done with it, I will probably resell it. I do not like to keep IG's because they are always changing.

Suzanne

I have several WP programs. I haven't sold any of them because I just can't be bothered with the hassle (listing it for sale, packaging it up, and shipping it). Honestly, I will probably just end up recycling the exclusives and donating the books to the library. However, IF I did want to sell, I would do it without hesitation.

You can legally resell the book you bought from them. it's called first sale doctrine. It's a book. not a license to use the product. sell without guilt. It is not a rule that they enforce on you except for one thing.. they don't have to let you resell it on their company "property" (forum). But you can sell elsewhere.

edit for clarity: I'm referring to print books that you buy. not digital stuff. e books... whole different story, but I'm talking about back in the day when people bought printed books, and weren't leasing them. (can't resell ebooks... that's just how that goes with the license and is normal for industry)

Edited by jazzermom

I have several WP programs. I haven't sold any of them because I just can't be bothered with the hassle (listing it for sale, packaging it up, and shipping it). Honestly, I will probably just end up recycling the exclusives and donating the books to the library. However, IF I did want to sell, I would do it without hesitation.

I'm looking for some WP programs if you decide to sell :)

ETA: I am looking for American Story 1 or All American 1 if anyone has an available copy.

When I first purchased AW, I got a used package online through the WP yahoo group. It did not come with the exclusives. I think the value of your components goes up when they are all in one box, plus it makes selling easier than piece by piece. If you choose to include the value of the exclusives in your price, and they are included in the box, I don't think your customer will complain.

Wow! Now I am kind of excited. I haven't resold because I didn't remember if I had signed or agreed to any "I promise not to sell this" statement when I purchased it. I don't want to break a promise, but I honestly don't remember. I think I may go through the steps of ordering on their website and make sure I didn't agee to anything. If I didn't ..... then it is Adios "Animals and their Worlds" :seeya: .

If you do decide to sell this - I would love to buy it! Please msg me... thanks!!

Wow! Now I am kind of excited. I haven't resold because I didn't remember if I had signed or agreed to any "I promise not to sell this" statement when I purchased it. I don't want to break a promise, but I honestly don't remember. I think I may go through the steps of ordering on their website and make sure I didn't agee to anything. If I didn't ..... then it is Adios "Animals and their Worlds" :seeya: .

I bought WP used and sold WP used. It was not my curriculum of choice, but I didn't know that until I bought it. We barely used it, and turned around and resold it. No guilt here.

This exactly. WP has no legal or ethical right to forbid users from reselling or gifting curricula once it is purchased, and since I bought used there was never even an implied agreement with the company.

I actually bought some used. It ended up being a fiasco since I could tell what was sent to me was photocopies and not the original. They did send me the originals in the end. This wasn't from a seller on this board. I didn't even know that was their policy until recently. It ended up not being a good fit for our family so I never gave resell a second thought. I actually still have the materials I bought.

I'm so glad I read this. I'm a rule follower, too, but it always rubbed me the wrong way that WP was telling me I couldn't re-sell something I bought! What the heck am I supposed to do with it? I'll probably be posting WP AS1, timeline figures, and some of the books next week in the Classifieds :001_smile: .

I actually bought some used. It ended up being a fiasco since I could tell what was sent to me was photocopies and not the original. They did send me the originals in the end. This wasn't from a seller on this board. I didn't even know that was their policy until recently. It ended up not being a good fit for our family so I never gave resell a second thought. I actually still have the materials I bought.

you could toss 'em in the paper shredder, and recycle them. or use for lining bird cage. stuff like that?

(but yeah.. can't resell photocopies of anything with copyright from any company, but that's another topic.) just trying to give ideas what to do with stuff you aren't using and can't resell.