Menu

Super Bowl Party foods...

ProudGrandma

Well, we're hosting this year and having:

Baked Potato skins (w/cheese, bacon, sour cream): http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Baked-Potato-Skins-2

Buffalo Chicken dip (w/tortilla chips and celery): http://allrecipes.com/recipe/buffalo-chicken-dip/

Pepperoni rolls

Ham and Swiss slider sandwiches: http://www.thecountrycook.net/2011/07/ham-and-cheese-party-rolls.html

Teriyaki Chicken wings

and then whatever everyone else brings!

OHMY, I made this once several years ago! It was soooooo good. it also made me sick to my stomach, it was too rich. But I am ready to make it again. Really, the suffering was pretty worth it. :drool5:

I like the instructions to freeze it, so I can make half of the loaf and freeze the rest.

I make bbq chicken wings. They are always eaten and easy to make. You can pre-prep them the day before and cook them when you need them.

chicken drummettes

bacon

almond slivers

bbq sauce (I use sweet baby rays)

wrap the chicken with the bacon (about 1/2 slice per), place in a baking dish, pour on sauce, sprinkle with almonds, bake til done.

Prep all but the almonds the night before and put into the fridge. Takes about 45 minutes to cook.

Frito pie is also a hit

We are having Chevy's do the catering and we are having their Taco Bar. Guests are bringing appetizers: layered bean dip; deviled eggs; salsa; cheese and crackers; crab dip; fresh veggies and dip; Spanish olives baked in pieces of crescent roll dough; Brie wrapped in candied pecans; hummus and pita. Someone else is bringing his world famous ribs. desserts are brownies, fruit tarts, cookies. I have come to the conclusion that it IS all about the food and the commercials.

We are having Chevy's do the catering and we are having their Taco Bar. Guests are bringing appetizers: layered bean dip; deviled eggs; salsa; cheese and crackers; crab dip; fresh veggies and dip; Spanish olives baked in pieces of crescent roll dough; Brie wrapped in candied pecans; hummus and pita. Someone else is bringing his world famous ribs. desserts are brownies, fruit tarts, cookies. I have come to the conclusion that it IS all about the food and the commercials.

Mini-hijack! Mariann! I feel like I haven't seen you for a while and have been thinking about you! :grouphug: