Menu

I really need to pay my mortgage tomorrow...

Michelle My Bell

So I made a New Years Resolution to rework my budget (which I did) and I was really excited about how it was going. I was going for the debt snowball, trying to get caught up on my utility bills and budget each week to put a little away so I could pay my mortgage on time. It has been very difficult doing so on my meager income since I have become single but I really want to make this work. Anyhow, all was going good until my van broke down for the 6th time in the last year and I had to pay $239.14 to have it repaired. It didn't help that I just had it fixed at $600 at Thanksgiving which REALLY put me behind on my bills. Then I got a letter in the mail saying I had to have my utilities paid up by today or they were going to disconnect. I have a small loan in the amount of $70 due today and my car insurance due tomorrow. My mortgage will be overdue after tomorrow. So needless to say, I have been praying for a miracle and so far the Lord has answered.

Today I was able to work out a deal to pay 1/4 of my utility bill this week which helped immensely and I paid my loan on time today. I sold a pair of shoes I bought at the Goodwill for $3.00 on ebay for $35 which will pay a little more than 1/2 of my car insurance. I was asked to babysit tomorrow for a friend who is very generous with me so I think I'll only need to raise about another $250 before tomorrow in order to pay it all off! So I am here to beg, plead and pray that I may have something that one of you all may need.

My request is that you take a moment to see if any of the materials I have for sale on the Classified board are something you need. I would be so grateful if someone was able to get something they need and I am able to pay my bills on time. Thanks for reading all that!

Blessings!

All About Reading

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/classifieds/item/1036-all-about-reading-level-1-deluxe-kit/

All About Spelling

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/classifieds/item/1041-all-about-spelling-levels-1-2-3/

Conference CD's

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/classifieds/item/1043-12-midwest-homeschool-convention-conference-cds/

Sonlight P3/4

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/classifieds/item/1040-sonlight-p34-and-ruth-beechick/

Lies Homeschool Mom's Believe

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/classifieds/item/1042-lies-homeschool-moms-believe/

I don't have any spare change to buy anything at the moment... but just wanted to encourage you in your situation.

We are in the same boat. By the grace of God, got the rent paid this month and today got the car insurance paid. Amen!

No money for the electricity bill at the moment. Got the notice to it to disconnect in 2 weeks too. Ready to get the internet and satellite bill cut off for lack of payment in a few weeks. We're on food stamps and Medicaid too -- both of us looking for work. It can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But praying for you to feel peace in the midst of this chaos... somehow, I pray everything will work out. :grouphug:

Seek out your local Community Action. They have funding to help people who are about to have their utilities cut off or loose their home. Also check your local food stamp office, they also help but only if you have a shutoff notice. And the utility company often has aid for low income families

My mortgage will be overdue after tomorrow.

Yeah, mine too. It happens. Money is tight. The electric bill is always high in the winter (blower on the furnace), and I paid that rather than have the electricity shut off. We just hope to pay the mortgage by the end of the month, before it is 30 days past due, and pay the late fee.

I also have nothing to spare, dh started a new job a few weeks ago and some short weeks for the holidays have pushed our budget to the limit.

I will say we've been where you are. Even if you feel alone in this, I hope you know you're not. I wish you strength, peace, calm, and miracles. You are not your circumstances. :grouphug:

I have been so blessed by you all here. I am overwhelmed by the love and support this community radiates. I have sold a few items already and I am so very very Thankful! Even just your words of encouragement have so blessed me. You have all taught me over the years what it means to give of yourselves. I hope i can bless you all as much as you have blessed me.

May I share something that happened recently that was also a huge blessing to my family? My oldest daughter, who is a Senior this year and has always been homeschooled, was just offered a scholarship to her school of choice that covers about 80% of her tuition! We haven't even applied for any other scholarships yet, (we fully plan to) but we figure with grants included she should be covered for college. I could never have navigated high school without you all of you. I had no idea how to go about it but you were always there. Because of the wisdom and help here we were able to navigate the high school waters, prepare her for the ACT, develop transcripts and apply to college. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. XOXOXOXO

:grouphug: Wishing you all the luck that you need in selling the items. It's so difficult, I know, we've been there. We are slowly catching up on everything, hoping to get the emergency fund going so we can start the debt snowball. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.