Menu

Pinterest

Night Elf

How do you use this in your life? I finally went to see what it was about and joined up. I find other people's pictures to pin to my boards right? Is it possible to make your own pins? Are your boards just interest related or do they serve a purpose, like to do something with the material pinned there?

The stuff I pin are ideas I would like to do. I have pinned a bunch of recipes, craft stuff, education ideas and cleaning tips. I also do some just in general things I think are a good idea. I like photography as well and will pin pictures that I particularly like.

You can make your own pins too.

I don't pin very often, but I browse a lot. Pins are supposed to be linked to their original source (many people fail do do this and justpin google images or whatever) so when you click on a pin for a recipe or project or item, it should take you to the site with the instructions or link for purchase.

There's a pin toolbar to download so you can pin anything from the web, and many sites have their own pin button right on their pages.

Most of my pins are home decorating. I guess it's my virtual dream board, lol.

I use it to store ideas I might want to do (crafts, home decorating, recipes) and ideas I want to share (for example, I have a preschool board for several families that are either relatives with preschoolers or freq ask me for ideas).

I also use it like Google to find creative things, like mantle decorations/wreaths for the holidays.

And, I have a humor board to keep things I might not post on FB, because I'm FB friends with several parishoners who don't share my sometimes salty sense of humor. I love to go back and read it for a laugh.

I pin waaaay too much. I like looking for ideas for homeschooling, cooking, cleaning, my dream house, exercise, clothes....just about everything. I have my pins separated into a lot of different boards which makes it somewhat easier to find something when I want it again. I will admit that at least for now, I pin a lot more than I actually do.

I think the key to pinterests is knowing your reality. I only pin stuff I might actually do. Other stuff that I like, but if I'm honest with myself I will likely never do? I only "like" that stuff. I don't pin it.

I go through and pick 2-3 things a week to try. Maybe a new crochet stitch. Maybe a homemade gift. A new recipe.

Okay, I'm about as tech savvy as your average medieval monk would be if transported in time to the here and now...it's not pretty! So, I have never joined and don't have a clue what it means to pin anything. But, I do search the site for fabric flower ideas and have been grateful that I can click on a flower, click on it again when it loads the next page, and be taken to the d.i.y. instructions. Two clicks I can handle!

If there is some way to "make a board" or pin things to it, I'd never figure it out. It took me two or three years to figure out what an avatar was and only in the past few months have I learned the methodology for putting a picture in a post.

Faith

Ugh. Okay. I'm full of carp. I just pinned "how to raise ducks for meat and eggs in your backyard" guide.

I am never going to own a duck to raise for meat and eggs.

Ever.

But if there is ever a zombie apocylpse and the Internet still works, and I capture a bunch of ducks and I raid the nearest hardware store, I will be very grateful I pinned info on how to raise ducks.

Thank you for the replies. I guess I'll just keep messing around with it. Perhaps it would be more interesting if I was a crafty person or looking to redecorate my home. I can still look at what some people are doing though. I looked up Elf on a Shelf and laughed at some of the ideas. I learned something new.