Menu

help me find a toothpaste....

my year old HATES all toothpaste except this one Amazon.com: Burts Bees Natural Toothpaste, Kids "Berry Bee" without Fluoride, 4-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 4): Health & Personal Car which they are no longer making....his tube is almost gone and I can't find it anywhere. I want to stay all natural and fluoride free...so if anybody can help me find a new one for him, I would greatly appreciate it. We have tried the orange flavored ones from Burt Bee's and he doesn't like it either. I have told him he doesn't need a toothpaste, but then he says his toothbrush tastes icky....PLEASE help me.

For a child that young I don't use toothpaste. Even my ped dentist says using water is just fine.

yea, like I said, I have made that offer to my son, but he says his toothbrush tastes icky when he does that...and we have tried many "mild mint" pastes and he says they are all too spicy....UGH!!!

Does your child have a taste he likes? My oldest went on a toothbrushing strike for a while at a young age but got quite excited (at the time) by the baby toothpaste by Weleda, that has a pleasant fennel taste. Anyway most seem to be in the fruit, bubble gum, or mint categories, and it's not, so I thought I'd mention it. I think Weleda makes another one that's called Sea Salt or something. I've never tried it.

It's pricy, but my girls have switched to Tate's Natural Miracle toothpaste and have no complaints. It's a mint flavor, but very mild. Spry is also a very mild flavor that we have used and liked.

Lana

My experience with Tate's is that they are total scam artists. I would use caution if you are ordering it directly from them.

My kiddo likes the Tom's strawberry, but I see you've already tried that and it's a no-go. Burt's is definitely not making their kid's toothpaste anymore. The Spry brand that Lana mentioned above also has a couple of kid's tooth gels (scroll down the page a bit to find them). Maybe one of those flavors would work?

If you are open to Xylitol, you might look into Xyliwhite. No fluoride, pretty mild taste. My 5 year old likes it better than the other options we've tried. She likes mint, but not so strong that it is "hot", and this one gets the thumbs up from her.