Menu

Oh no. I think I am going to cry.

The reading list I've been keeping on the computer is gone. All of the read-alouds and independent reading the boys have done since June have disappeared. The document is there, and the list is up-to-date until June.

Then nothing.

Dh just checked the backup, and the list is missing there, too.

:crying:

Cat

Not that this helps you get back what you lost already, but I regularly email things I don't want to lose to myself, just in case something should happen to both my computer and external (lightning strike?) at the same time. I know there are online options for saving things, but email works great for me.

Not that this helps you get back what you lost already, but I regularly email things I don't want to lose to myself, just in case something should happen to both my computer and external (lightning strike?) at the same time. I know there are online options for saving things, but email works great for me.

:confused: If lightning struck your computer, wouldn't your email be gone, too, since it's one your computer?

OP, so sorry. :grouphug:

:confused: If lightning struck your computer, wouldn't your email be gone, too, since it's one your computer?

Email can be accessed from computers outside the home. I can access mine from the desktop, laptop, Ipad or phone, so lightening won't wipe all of those put at once as I never have all of them plugged in at the same time. Or almost never.

Emailing is a good idea. I've also done that. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Yes, but you can access your email through any computer with internet, so it isn't as lost.

OP, I am so sorry. My computer crashed hardcore a couple of years ago, and it took a computer tech friend a month to find most of everything again on the fried hard drive. I use an external drive now to back everything up (and immediately unplug it after adding things to it) AND email myself lists, etc.

Perhaps you could offer a dime per verified book that each of the dc can name?!? Just let them brainstorm and think about books they remembered reading themselves, siblings reading, or being read to some or all.

Depending on whether you ordered the books online or through the library system, there might be a record there.

It stinks when that happens.

I lost every single photo of when my second ds was born and the whole first year of his life. Gone. No pictures of him as a little baby.

How do you back up your pictures now? I'm terrifired that the house will burn down or something and I'll lose the pics and the backups at the same time.

OP, do you need these for reporting requirements? I can't imagine trying to keep track of everything we read!