Menu

Have back to school sales begun yet?

has had pencils, 12 for a penny, plus some other similar deals.

My favorite thing to do is to hit Target on the weekly sales for particular items that will sell out by the end of the season -- big boxes of mechanical pencils, for example. Then watch for the 90% off sales and stock up like mad. Interestingly, the sales there have been so incredible that I don't need much this year (10 wirebound wide or college-ruled notebooks for a buck). Funny, since in other years we've needed to start over from scratch.

Have fun shopping! :D

Walgreens has some good sales, like mechanical pencils, $0.39 for 5-10--they only had 5 packs, so my store manager gave me two pks for $0.39, can't beat that! Now if I can only keep dd away from them! They are what I prefer to write with, but as soon as she sees the pks, they all instantly vanish into thin air!!

I was thinking about asking the same thing. I need crayons so bad, I think we are out of everything except for yellow and white. I went through all my stock of crayons in a year! I'm going to get double this year when they go on sale!

My Walmart has the 24 ct boxes of Crayola for 22 cents.

Notebook 3 holded paper (college and wide) 2/$1

Pencils/Pens 2/$1 ??

24ct Crayons $.22ea

Plastic rulers 4/$1

Pocket folders $.15ea

Plastic 3-ring binders (about 1") 3/$1 I think ?

Can't remember what else, but plenty of cheap stuff. We bought some for our sister-church in Africa to which our church sends school supplies each fall.

I am waiting for the Staples sale which happens at the end of the summer - through August i think. Each week they have about 5 items that are either a penny, or 5 cents or something like that. There's usually a limit of 5 each person. And after that week, the next week, it's something else. I recall that lasting 3-4 weeks last year.

Have fun~

- Stacey in MA

I was thrilled to find the 70-page composition spirals at Walmart yesterday for 5 cents. We bought 3 cases! They were on sale for 10 cents each last year and I was expecting them to be higher this year. Instead, they were even cheaper.:D

Pegasus

I am waiting for the Staples sale which happens at the end of the summer - through August i think. Each week they have about 5 items that are either a penny, or 5 cents or something like that. There's usually a limit of 5 each person. And after that week, the next week, it's something else. I recall that lasting 3-4 weeks last year.

Have fun~

- Stacey in MA

Our Staples has had a one cent sale already (but none this week). The cashier told me that since I had a Teacher Reward Card I could get 35 of each sale item, instead of the advertised limit.

Staples is suppose to have a 5 cent sale starting tomorrow, Sunday.

Office Depot had a one cent sale last week, (rulers, protractors, file folders and eraser caps). Not sure if it is still on.

Walmart had some great deals (glue sticks, white glue, crayons, file folders, lined paper) last week, too.

Good luck!

I've been to walmart several times now. Spiral notebooks for 5 cents, crayola crayons 22 cents, crayola markers and pencils 88 cents. It smells soooo good!

I missed the 5 cent spiral notebooks and 22 cent marker and pencils. I got to go check that out.