Menu

Prismacolor pencils are 50% off at Michaels

I didn't know Michael's offered a teacher discount to homeschoolers. AC Moore doesn't, so I assumed they didn't either. Sweet!

Yes, it's now any day of the week, not just Fridays. You have to have something to show (in theory). I bring my Notice of Intent. One time, I wasn't asked for proof. It's good on non-educational stuff!

Yes, it's now any day of the week, not just Fridays. You have to have something to show (in theory). I bring my Notice of Intent. One time, I wasn't asked for proof. It's good on non-educational stuff!

Yay! I'll have to figure out something to bring as proof though. NH just did away with the annual notice of intent.

Yay! I'll have to figure out something to bring as proof though. NH just did away with the annual notice of intent.

I had a local homeschool group card, but also the HSLDA card works too.

My dd has nearly worn out her nice set (after 10 years of use). It was well worth the price, as the pencils are just such higher quality than Crayola-type.

We have a set of 24 and then recently picked up a set of 48. We were at Staples and they randomly had 2 sets of 48 Prismacolor Premier pencils in the tin for 20-some dollars in a clearance section on an endcap. They were still sealed and everything. This was about 3-4 weeks ago, and they didn't have a price on them. We asked the cashier to scan them and they scanned for a little over 20 bucks.

I just called Michael's to get the price. Their original price is very high!

At my store at least, the regular price for the 132 set is $229. The final price after all discounts and taxes is around $110. The price at Dick Blick after shipping and handling is around $150. So, it is a savings, but not quite as awesome of a deal as I thought it would be.

I just called Michael's to get the price. Their original price is very high!

At my store at least, the regular price for the 132 set is $229. The final price after all discounts and taxes is around $110. The price at Dick Blick after shipping and handling is around $150. So, it is a savings, but not quite as awesome of a deal as I thought it would be.

Yes, they tell you upfront that the discount is after the MSRP. I don't think stores would discount 50% off discounted prices. Jerry's Artarama discounts as well, but I've never seen it this low. It is a great place to get individual markers from, though.