Menu

need to find a super, comfortable pair of shoes...

I love my Okabashi flip flops. DH, who HATES anything between his toes even loves them. They're a sturdy rubbery foam with great arch support, and the straps are sort of low so they hug the top of your toes instead of being something you have to grasp with your toes to keep on your feet. Even though the strap is sort of snug on top, they don't cut into my foot (I have very high arches and some shoes will bruise the tops of my feet.

They make sandals too if you hate flip flops. They have a website, but I frequently stock up at this time of year at my local Walgreens.

I recommend waterproof because of rides, weather, kids spilling things, etc.

I thought about crocs, but I don't like the basic style...do you know...are they all the same comfort level, reguardless of the style? With all of the styles they have now, I am sure I could find at least one that I like. Do you wear them with capris, shorts and casual pants?

on second thought...I just looked at the Crocs website...I didn't see anything that i really liked...

I thought about crocs, but I don't like the basic style...do you know...are they all the same comfort level, reguardless of the style? With all of the styles they have now, I am sure I could find at least one that I like. Do you wear them with capris, shorts and casual pants?

Yes, they are all just as comfortable. I have the ballet slippers, some Jelly's, the regular kind, sandals and even snow boots :)

The regular kind aren't the best looking, but after walking around Disney is regular flip flops and being in SO much pain, I didn't care at all what they looked like, LOL, as soon as I put them on, my feet were in heaven.

I wear them with all that and dresses/skirts too....

Keens. Super comfy and not as ugly as walking around in sneakers...which seriously do not go with anything except workout clothes. Click on the link for women's shoes.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/

Keens are my go-to shoe for long periods of walking in all kinds of terrain and weather. A little pricey up front, but they hold up extremely well.

Chacos, hands down. They have a great arch support. Keens would be my second choice.

I don't know why everyone loves Crocs. I have some I wear around the house and they are cushy, but I could never wear them all day. Maybe it's because I have a narrow foot? They just feel to floppy to me. But I can't wear flip flops all day either or my back will hurt.

Edited by natnclay
Stupid iPad!

I don't like crocs, either, but I wear them at Disney anyway. ANYTHING else and I get blisters. I bought a pair of Keens for Disney once and had to return them before we left; they were too heavy, and they rubbed against my heels. I bought Danskos last year for the Disney trip....they were fine if we were only going for a few hours, but if I tried to wear them all day--blisters.

Keens. Super comfy and not as ugly as walking around in sneakers...which seriously do not go with anything except workout clothes. Click on the link for women's shoes.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

Chacos are good, but I can't wear them. Their arch is too high for me. My daughters, however LOVE their chacos.