Menu

Shout out to moms of three boys & one girl. Waving to SWB!!!

My girl is allllll grown up and independent. I'm left with all males in this house and sometimes, it is lonely.

Three boys, one male father of said offspring, and only two females...there is a total testosterone imbalance and then add to that dd being gone, I'm flooded with maleness! :D

Anyway, while we are celebrating families of all shapes, sizes, and compositions, I thought I'd make a shout to families such as my own!

Family - regardless of how many, how few, what gender, age, order, .....it's a wonderful thing! :001_smile:

Faith

Hmmm...I was the girl w/3 brothers, does that count? :lol:

ds, dd, ds, dd, ds...Nope, I don't fit that pattern. :tongue_smilie:

I was the girl with three brothers for 7 years. Then my mom added a second branch to the family :tongue_smilie:.

I've got 2 boys and 1 girl. Does that count?

I was the girl with three brothers for 7 years. Then my mom added a second branch to the family :tongue_smilie:.

I've got 2 boys and 1 girl. Does that count?

As long as your home is in a double/triple or more testosterone imbalance or greater (can include that male that produced said offspring), then your in the club! :lol:

Faith

I never expected that I would fall into this category, not with having a girl first. But here I am, with my daughter and her three little brothers, and having a houseful of boys is way more fun than I ever anticipated!

For those of you who have just one girl (or if you had one girl for a good many years before adding another girl), what are ways you helped to mitigate the "I don't have a sister" issues? In one sense, DD is kind of lucky -- she's guaranteed her own room, she is always the oldest/first to do things, she's Daddy's princess, my helper, Grandmom takes her shopping and there's no jealousy that *she* got to go, etc. But in another sense, I know she feels sad about not having a sister, and the reality is that she may never have one, and she just may not ever get to have that kind of relationship, and I feel a little sad for her (especially since the boys very much get to have that special Brothers relationship). Even if she gets a sister, there will still be at least 11 years between them. I have two younger brothers myself and then a sister; she's almost 9 years younger than I am. I adore her, and we are close, but we've also never really been in the same life stage (like, my brothers were each other's best men at their weddings, but my sister was too young to be my maid of honor at mine), so I understand, a bit, how it is for my DD when she looks at how her brothers relate to each other. But I do have a sister, so I can't fully understand what it's like to be the only girl. Sure, she'll probably acquire sisters-in-law, and being the only girl has its advantages, but there is still something not there, and she's sometimes sad about it.

Edited by happypamama

As long as your home is in a double/triple or more testosterone imbalance or greater (can include that male that produced said offspring), then your in the club! :lol:

Faith

Then count me in too! My dd has left the house and I'm left with 2 teen boys, the 'male that produced said offspring', AND a male dog.

My dd recently visited for 10 days and it was soooooo sweet to have another female in the house. :D

I'm the oldest and have three younger brothers. Now I have three little boys. One girl and three boys has been a way of life for me for a long time. At least when I still lived at home I had my mom. Now it's me, my DH, our three boys, and a male cat.

There are advantages to being the only girl, but it can get lonely at times.

I never expected that I would fall into this category, not with having a girl first. But here I am, with my daughter and her three little brothers, and having a houseful of boys is way more fun than I ever anticipated!

For those of you who have just one girl (or if you had one girl for a good many years before adding another girl), what are ways you helped to mitigate the "I don't have a sister" issues? In one sense, DD is kind of lucky -- she's guaranteed her own room, she is always the oldest/first to do things, she's Daddy's princess, my helper, Grandmom takes her shopping and there's no jealousy that *she* got to go, etc. But in another sense, I know she feels sad about not having a sister, and the reality is that she may never have one, and she just may not ever get to have that kind of relationship, and I feel a little sad for her (especially since the boys very much get to have that special Brothers relationship). Even if she gets a sister, there will still be at least 11 years between them. I have two younger brothers myself and then a sister; she's almost 9 years younger than I am. I adore her, and we are close, but we've also never really been in the same life stage (like, my brothers were each other's best men at their weddings, but my sister was too young to be my maid of honor at mine), so I understand, a bit, how it is for my DD when she looks at how her brothers relate to each other. But I do have a sister, so I can't fully understand what it's like to be the only girl. Sure, she'll probably acquire sisters-in-law, and being the only girl has its advantages, but there is still something not there, and she's sometimes sad about it.

I know my dd wished for a little sister at times. Until she reached high school age and saw how "catty" some girls can be and some sisters really don't get along well at all. She now has 2 sister in laws whom she loves and they love her and we all get along just fine;).

Since OP said double/triple, then we qualify! 2 boys, dh, 1 male cat and just me here!!! Way too much testosterone on some days!

I am so excited that we just adopted 2 female cats... I'm not alone anymore (sort of! :D)!

Edited by jenL

I know my dd wished for a little sister at times. Until she reached high school age and saw how "catty" some girls can be and some sisters really don't get along well at all. She now has 2 sister in laws whom she loves and they love her and we all get along just fine;).

LOL, yes, DD and I have talked about that some. And I know she's glad not to have the drama issues that can accompany girls. But I know she's still not-so-secretly hoping for a sister, someday. :) Maybe one of her brothers will marry a woman with no sisters, or maybe DD's husband will have only one sister, and maybe that will help.

We have 3 boys followed by a girl here. My MIL had 4 boys and our daughter is the first granddaughter. Love having my girl but glad I only have one. Sometimes she says that she wishes she had a sister but then I remind her that a sister would get to join us on our girls only days and that she would have to share a bathroom with her. She says she is fine not having one- her and our neighbor girl pretend like they are sisters. We would have loved to have more children but I had complications with her pregnancy. After 4 years of dealing with multiple issues, I had to have a hysterectomy. I know that someday I will have DILs to treat as daughters and Kathryn will have here sisters that way.

We have 3 boys followed by a girl here. My MIL had 4 boys and our daughter is the first granddaughter. Love having my girl but glad I only have one. Sometimes she says that she wishes she had a sister but then I remind her that a sister would get to join us on our girls only days and that she would have to share a bathroom with her. She says she is fine not having one- her and our neighbor girl pretend like they are sisters. We would have loved to have more children but I had complications with her pregnancy. After 4 years of dealing with multiple issues, I had to have a hysterectomy. I know that someday I will have DILs to treat as daughters and Kathryn will have here sisters that way.

My daughter does also. She use to cry how lonely her heart is without a sister. I kind of feel sad for her but take advantage of having a daughter to do the girly things with. I don't think the boys would have enjoyed tea parties and American Girl Dolls.

I'm here too! My oldest is a girl, then three boys in a row. We're all expecting the new baby to be a boy just because it seems to be the norm now, but who knows? My daughter is 16 and has always longed for a sister, although she adores her little brothers (mostly:)). She has grand girly plans for this little one though if she finally gets her wish!