Menu

Do weather systems affect you a great deal

YES! As in, most recently, migraines. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

You are not crazy.

Okay, perhaps you are crazy, but not because of this.

:leaving:

:tongue_smilie: Yes, I think we both know I am crazy. I hate how weather systems can make me feel so awful! The pressure in my head, scratchiness, tired eyes and body, fatigue, cruds. Hate it!

I'm convinced I feel every miniscule change in barometric pressure. Probably the most common thing that happens now is a headache. I used to get so fatigued when spring storm systems moved in that I would feel drugged. But in recent years, that has gotten better.

So either you're not crazy or we both are. (I've been accused of worse!)

Thank you! I feel every little change too! What's funny is that for a while after one surgery I had, the area would twitch with the changes as well. I won't tell you what twitched though.;) (don't go in the gutter on that one!)

Oh, you mean in the physical sense not the mental! My sinuses are affected usually by humidity. And, a while back, my knee could tell you if rain was in the forecast.

Yes, physical manifestations. Fatigue, scratchiness (head, throat), headaches, eye strain feelings, general malaise, achy body here and there.

Yeah, the surgery site would twitch with the pressure systems. It was a booK tumor removal. Dh would say that he could see this in the future as "There's a storm's coming, Ma's booK's twitchin' again.":lol: Okay, spilled it all. I can hide in shame now. (it doesn't do that anymore)

:tongue_smilie: Yes, I think we both know I am crazy. I hate how weather systems can make me feel so awful! The pressure in my head, scratchiness, tired eyes and body, fatigue, cruds. Hate it!

Every time I see you post about your allergies, I can't help but think how much my daughter is just like you. She is on the same medications - singulair & astelin. None of the others work for her. She clearly has a pretty bad allergy to dairy, as well as environmental allergies, but almost nothing shows up on her allergy tests.

The last allergist we went to said that she thought she had something called vasomotor rhinitis, which is what you are describing. I think that's why the Astelin works for her. It is specifically for vasomotor rhinitis as well as environmental allergies.

Lisa

Every time I see you post about your allergies, I can't help but think how much my daughter is just like you. She is on the same medications - singulair & astelin. None of the others work for her. She clearly has a pretty bad allergy to dairy, as well as environmental allergies, but almost nothing shows up on her allergy tests.

The last allergist we went to said that she thought she had something called vasomotor rhinitis, which is what you are describing. I think that's why the Astelin works for her. It is specifically for vasomotor rhinitis as well as environmental allergies.

Lisa

I have to share with you that we can now have milk. I tried Stoneyfield Farms Organic and no issues! Amazing!

Thanks for sharing about that. I will look that up and see if I can learn more about my issues!