Menu

I passed!!!

I graduated from pharmacy school in 1987 and worked about 5 years. After we moved I was often pregnant :) so I became a SAHM and eventually a homeschool mom.

My boys are all headed to college this fall - 2 as concurrent students. But with 3 in college, the bills will be piling up. So I decided to transfer my license from Iowa where I graduated and practiced to OK. I had to take OK state boards on Monday. It was a horrible test. It is a "smart test" which brings up your next question based on your answer to the previous questions. It uses scaled scoring. I still can't really wrap my head around that idea :001_huh: but I ended up passing with a score well above the cutoff. I came away sure that I could not have passed. It had few basic pharmacy practice law questions. It had all sorts of questions that a regular pharmacist would never encounter.

Can I just say I'm amazed that I passed?!? And I'm totally thrilled that I don't have to hang my head in shame amongst my kids :D

Now I get "invited" to stand before the board. I'm a little intimidated about that. What will I say I've been doing the past 20 years, "staying at home raising my boys"?

Oh, I'm so excited! A new phase...

Congratulations Cynthia!! You still got it! :001_smile:

I may be doing the same with the Florida Bar exam next year. I'm not in a hurry to do it, but I do see it as a high possibility in my future. Part of me is excited to re-ignite that part of my brain. I would probably do some serious review, perhaps even a review course.

Good job!

Lisa

Thanks everyone! You are all so good for my ego :) I received my letter to appear before the board. I have a little over a month to practice my best pharmacist persona :p

Seriously, though, thanks for all the congratulations. It means a lot - I know many of you have schooled while maintaining your careers and I've had great admiration for you all. And for those contemplating returning to a career in the future, my heartiest encouragement and best wishes.