Menu

Happy canada day!

Happy Canada Day for all you Canadians!

We are off for a pancake breakfast shortly and a ton of activities here in town. Hoping the wind goes away because the next town over is doing hot air balloon rides if the weather permits.

What are your plans for Canada Day? Are you going to any earlier sets of fireworks or staying up right until the midnight ones?

Happy Canada Day all you canucks!!

We did a family fun run this morning. We'll go to a fun fair and festivities this afternoon, then BBQ and fireworks this evening.

I noticed a lot of stores open today, which is different. I guess the shut-down day will be tomorrow for a lot of businesses.

Have a wonderful day, eh!

We are having the first annual rib cook-off at my parents tonight. I have puttered in my garden and taken the dog and boys on a hike already. My DH might take our oldest for the fireworks downtown but the problem is that getting out is horrendous at the end. I tend not to go downtown now (have done it before when younger). There is usually impromptu fireworks around though.

My youngest dd is experiencing her first Canada Day even as I type this.....she just landed in Montreal, and her bus to the central station was stopped for a parade :D She texted me to find out what it was, and I Googled for her!

She'll be spending the next 3 weeks in Quebec.

Gotta love small towns when you only live 1 block from main street. We did the pancake breakfast then came home for a bit, went back for the children's activities, walked over to the playground for a little bit and now back home for a late lunch and cool down time.

Turns out all the activities that were in the next town were actually last Thursday! Why in teh heck would they schedule all the Canada day activities like that? It was the last day of school and it was a work day so for at least the morning there would have been very few people there, perhaps more in the afternoon with lots in the evening. They had the kids activities starting an hour before the school kids were dismissed for the year. That makes no sense.

Oh well the stuff in our town might be small and low key but it is fun. DD wore herself out in races and the bouncy house. She is half asleep on the sofa. We head back at about 530 for the bbq dinner followed by an outdoor movie and fireworks tonight. THe fireworks are set for 1030, so late but not crazy late.

I am late to the Canada Day Party! But it is still a holiday Monday here - so what is everyone doing today??

DH is home cleaning out the garage and the shed. Kids are.....hmm...where are the kids? Dunno - playing something in the basement.

I have no plans. Just enjoying having DH home :001_smile:

We're relaxing and recovering from yesterday. It was a wonderful day, just really long and FULL. It is so great to have July 2nd to rest on this year!

We'll be celebrating July 4 on Wednesday (dh is American), so have to rest up for that. Fireworks two times in one week will be terrific!

we're visiting mum, so got to celebrate on the canadian side of the border! we went to "art in the park", then napped (red-eye flight the night before). lots of db's (dear brother) friends dropped by, we played bridge, barbecued, played horse shoes... it was lovely.

:001_smile: ann

One of my daycare kids showed up and I had to turn them away. Today I am cleaning like mad, having been on the go all weekend, and spending Friday working and packing the big kids means my house is trashed. I am going to clean clean clean and then relax. I may weed the front gardens but we will see.

We were supposed to be going to Saskatoon today to help with a crazy big book sort but dd4 over did herself yesterday and wasn't feeling well over night or this morning so she is perched in front of the tv watching dvds.

She saw fireworks for the first time last night, and was so amazed by them. She was the loudest with her "wows" and "Mom it's amazing" comments. So cute, but made for a late night for such a little girl.