Menu

LSU spell fail

I always wonder if then/than errors are spelling or grammar related. I designed a T shirt once with the word its on it. The printer added an apostrophe, changing my possessive to a contraction. I wasn't pleased since I needed them for an event and didn't have time for a reprint.

Edited by thescrappyhomeschooler

I always wonder if then/than errors are spelling or grammar related. I designed a T shirt once with the word itson it. The printer added an apostrophe, changing my possessive to a contraction. I wasn't pleased since I needed them for an event and didn't have time for a reprint.

Were you compensated in any way?

I don't think the then/than mess up is the worst part of that shirt. It's just wrong.

:iagree:

I couldn't figure out what the thread title meant (I was trying to figure out if "spell fail" was slang for complete failure or epic fail) I didn't see the spelling issue, because the tackiness of the shirt was so overwhelming.

Edited by snickelfritz

Okay, well the shirt is offensive and in poor taste and that is coming from someone who bought her dd, who attends U of M (dh and I being 4-H leaders, are MSU fans) an "Eat Wolverine. It's an Adkins friendly diet!" t-shirt. So, I'm no prude when it comes to university rivalry. But, the above shirt is a product of someone who should have been slapped on the back of the head and asked, "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??????"

That said, honestly, doesn't anyone double-check, edit, and ask a few others to check it out BEFORE sending it to the printer? Seriously, why is it sooooo hard to ask an English prof to check out your grammar since this is not a cheap item to make or replace and mistakes go viral. It just reflects poorly on the institution. However, the theme of the shirt should reflect even worse than the poor editing skills!

Faith