Menu

Unintended consequences of using iCloud...

Dh has an iPad at work and he's set it up so that is randomly goes through our pictures from Photo Stream. If any of us takes a picture using an iPod, iPhone or iPad it gets added to the Photo Stream and will appear in dh's office. The kids and I are not happy about the idea of the pictures we take being seen by anyone who happens to be in dh's office. Who knows what could flash up there!

So... ds figured out that it's only the 40 most recent photos we've taken that stream. I just took about 40 screen shots of the Ryan Gosling "Hey, girl" homeschooling pictures. I'm looking forward to hearing from dh tomorrow :)

Ds took a bunch of Minecraft screenshots. I'm not sure what dd has planned...

I bet dh changes the settings by tomorrow night.

That is hilarious. :D

Did you include the one about your "celebrity crushes" being Susan Wise Bauer and Andrew Pudewa? That one was especially hilarious to me.

Our oldest has taken to playing similar pranks on us with the Apple TV. One second we're watching Cyberchase on Netflix, the next he's popped up whatever creepy thing has tickled his fancy like this:

funny-pictures-lordring.jpg

especially annoying when it is close to bedtime for the littles, but....still pretty funny the first time or two.:D Guess these gangster Gollum pictures are almost as funny as the "Hey Girl" ones.....if you're 14!

You are my new favorite person!

If he doesn't change the settings, I'm sure we can give you ideas for days to come. I suggest 40 pictures of your pet's behind if you have one.

:lol: He really doesn't even like the cats so that would be a double whammy.

How about shots of dirty pans in the sink and piles of laundry? He might start working longer hours! ha.

:D I should find some pictures of quinoa and lentils and kale and then add a "Dinner Tonight" title - maybe he'd bring home Chinese?

That is hilarious. :D

Did you include the one about your "celebrity crushes" being Susan Wise Bauer and Andrew Pudewa? That one was especially hilarious to me.

Our oldest has taken to playing similar pranks on us with the Apple TV. One second we're watching Cyberchase on Netflix, the next he's popped up whatever creepy thing has tickled his fancy like this:

especially annoying when it is close to bedtime for the littles, but....still pretty funny the first time or two.:D Guess these gangster Gollum pictures are almost as funny as the "Hey Girl" ones.....if you're 14!

Yes, that was one of the photos I have on there. There were some really funny ones - the one about not worrying about the volcano in the middle of the kitchen table, "Don't worry, we'll eat around it." I really can't wait for him to go to work tomorrow.

My ds has figured out the whole apple tv link as well. He had a Minecraft music video playing the other day - controlling it from his room upstairs and having it appear on the TV in our main room. He thinks he's really funny.

THAT is hilarious! Our AppleTV pulls pictures from everywhere, so we often have embarrassing pics pop up.

I suggest 40 pictures of your pet's behind if you have one.

:iagree: I truly hate the photo stream/icloud thing. I have one photo, that I took screenshot as a medical example ("Hey, does it look like this??") and who wants a picture of sutures permanently in their photo stream? The only way I've found to keep from seeing it is to turn off photo stream. Apparently you can't edit photostream. Very irritating.

Now how does iCloud help with a lost phone? Mine is always on silent, which makes finding it a real PITA.

This is great, I love it!

Definitely put on a bunch of pictures of hunky men, in kilts :lol:! Or, you could take a bunch of awful pictures of your DH and put them on there. Him when he first wakes up, or just some of those pictures that have come out horribly.

Let us know how it turns out!

Ok this thread absolutely should become heir to the how-to-avoid-the-stroller-lady thread. :D I will be checking in tomorrow!

Maybe take pictures of all the unfinished honey-do projects at your house - Oh wait; you want him to come home right?

Now how does iCloud help with a lost phone? Mine is always on silent, which makes finding it a real PITA.

There is a "find my phone" feature. You sign into iCloud, click on "find my phone" and it will ask if you want to send a sound or a message. I've only ever done a sound. Even on silent, it will send a medium-loudish ping like a submarine. It then pulls up a map on the computer screen that shows the exact location of your phone. It's crazy accurate too. DH did it for me the other day and my phone was right next to the bed, like close enough to reach it. :blushing::001_rolleyes: When he zoomed in on the map, not only did it show our house on our street, it showed a little pinging dot right over our bedroom. :lol:

Very helpful. A little creepy. I see a movie. iHorror? iKnow (where you are!)? :tongue_smilie:

:iagree: yeah, I don't know, maybe I'll just stick with frantically checking couch cushions and accusing people of taking my phone :D

Well, it is through your Apple account, so if you guard your user info and password well, you won't ever be a victim of an iCrime. :lol: DH has my info, but only because I'm super pathetic and fairly certain he'll never murder me. :tongue_smilie:

Yes, that was one of the photos I have on there. There were some really funny ones - the one about not worrying about the volcano in the middle of the kitchen table, "Don't worry, we'll eat around it." I really can't wait for him to go to work tomorrow.

Ooh, can someone link to this one? I neeeeed it!

Edited b/c I found it on this page.

Edited by katilac

No fun at all :(. His Apple TV was 't turned on yesterday so Photostream wasn't running. I waited and waited and then finally texted him in the afternoon to ask how he was enjoying his Photostream. That's when he told me. He went in and took a look and thought it was pretty funny, but I was hoping for a funny incident with a coworker. Oh, well. I was also hoping for a dramatic confrontation in the stroller lady incident. We should all get together and write a sitcom.

We are going on a two week trip today. The kids and I will redouble our efforts (he still hasn't changed the setting yet). I'm not brave enough for the breast pictures, but that one suggestion about the tattoo had me laughing. When I was 16 I got a tattoo of a blue heart just above my breast...then a couple years ago I had it spruced up a bit and added dh's first initial in the heart. Funny coincidence.