Menu

If you use SL - do you Label?

frugalmama

If you use Sonlight - Do you Label your books?  

1. 1. If you use Sonlight - Do you Label your books?

• Yes, with Sonlight's label sheets
    • Yes, with labels I make with a label maker / etc
    • No
    • Other

I marked other, because I haven't yet, but I think I'm going to! We are just getting to that point where I am going to have children using readers at different levels, and I think labeling will help to keep things sorted. Up until now, I had just packed away the old core/readers/read-alouds, due to lack of space, but now I have room and need them all out. Okay, I don't NEED the ALL out, but I WANT them all out! Lol!

I labeled mine with SL's label sheets. I don't use SL anymore, but I have all the books from 4 cores, and the labels make it so much easier to find a book when one of my younger children want something to read.

I try to label all of my curriculum books, not just Sonlight. I like Sonlight's labels, but I've used regular Averys from the office supply store too.

What's your system for other books? I've been thinking that it might be nice to have non-SL books labeled too. I waste a lot of time hunting for books that were put away in the wrong place.

I do. It makes it easy to keep doing three cores at a time straight. I also like recognizing a book in one of my boys' rooms as a schoolbook. They pull them off the shelf and reread them constantly, but they know labeled books need to make it back to the schoolroom eventually. I put a piece of clear binding tape over the labels and they stay. I also cover my books with Reddi-Roll to keep them looking new despite the heavy use.

Oh, and PS~We are over here in Abilene getting drenched, as well!! :)

I love all this rain!! Reminds me of home (Oregon) :)

I haven't in the past, but this year with 5 core on our shelves, I decided to put some on. I haven't even finished, as I can't find some of the right sheets, so I'll need to get those on my next SL order. I didn't want to, as I couldn't imagine putting stickers on beautiful books (the horror!), but it makes it nice and the girls feel more free to pull things off the shelves, as they now know where to put it back. DD9 made me laugh, she was upset because I was messing them up (just like me). :001_smile:

:bigear: as I am starting to pull together 3 cores. Right now I just have them separated into plastic tubs, but I don't have all the books yet.

What exactly is the difference between Sonlight labels and some other color ones I could buy at the store?? Any advantage?

:bigear: as I am starting to pull together 3 cores. Right now I just have them separated into plastic tubs, but I don't have all the books yet.

What exactly is the difference between Sonlight labels and some other color ones I could buy at the store?? Any advantage?

Not really. The SL labels just come with the IGs and assign a particular color to each core (arbitrarily). I use different ones for my Noeo science because I ran out of SL colors. I wouldn't go out of my way to use SL labels.