Menu

Wierd Mother's Day Card

I find this very strange. Yesterday, my dd19 received a Mother's Day Card from her stepmom. The card said something like 'A daughter like you means joy...'

Now, I'm one who thinks any mom, regardless of personal relationship to me, should be wished a Happy Mother's Day. But this idea is a new one for me. I'm wondering if this card was designed for a mom to send to her daughter who is also a mom. My dd19 isn't a mom though.

After seeing Mother's Day cards in Target from cats and dogs to Moms, I'd say anything is possible. :001_huh:

So I guess I should be expecting gifts from our rabbits, then. Wonder what they'll get me? Eh, it'll be all chewed up, whatever it is. :001_smile:

Wendi

When we were ttc with our first my grandma sent me a mother's day card. She did not know we were ttc nor that were not getting pg easily. Anyway, I was very offended with the card because I was heartbroken with all the ttc stuff and just marked it off as crazy, old grandma.

Then lo and behold two weeks later I found out I was pg. So technically I was pg on mother's day that year. Weird.

After seeing Mother's Day cards in Target from cats and dogs to Moms, I'd say anything is possible. :001_huh:

Aww, ...I don't think my unappreciative cat will even remember that it's almost Mother's day. :glare:

Even if he does, I'll probably be the one to have to drive him to the store AND loan him the money! sheesh why do I even bother!

So I guess I should be expecting gifts from our rabbits, then. Wonder what they'll get me? Eh, it'll be all chewed up, whatever it is. :001_smile:

Wendi

Um, yeah. That is weird. I'd like to get a card from our fish, though. I'm a pretty good mom to them. :D

Aww, ...I don't think my unappreciative cat will even remember that it's almost Mother's day. :glare:

Even if he does, I'll probably be the one to have to drive him to the store AND loan him the money! sheesh why do I even bother!

:lol: I thought it was so absurd! I know some people without children that think of their dogs as children, but I'd like to think even they wouldn't go quite this far!

Sorry to hijack your thread, OP!!

Maybe she's just trying to reach out to your daughter in some way and did so awkwardly? Does she have a good relationship with your daughter?

I know she loves my dd very much, but the relationship is a bit strained because of the stepmom's personality. She likes to "drive" all relationships. She even tries to run her oldest dd's life and she is in her late 20's. She has that biological dd, an adopted dd, and my dd. All of the girls support one another in dealing with the mom. She has a good heart though and good intentions.

Been there, done that.

And then he used the money to buy something for himself. :glare:

That's cats for ya. :tongue_smilie:

Guest submarines
I know she loves my dd very much, but the relationship is a bit strained because of the stepmom's personality. She likes to "drive" all relationships. She even tries to run her oldest dd's life and she is in her late 20's. She has that biological dd, an adopted dd, and my dd. All of the girls support one another in dealing with the mom. She has a good heart though and good intentions.

So here's your answer. :D

So here's your answer. :D

True. I'm a big girl so I'm not even upset that dd19 is going to spend some time with her stepmom on Mother's Day. It's not worth the guilt that lady would heap upon my dd if dd didn't go over there on Sunday. She has to work and then is going straight there. She and I are going to lunch on Monday.

I should send the stepmom a Mother's Day card and leave her wondering what I'm up to. :D