Menu

Theatre news from my daughter . . .

For anyone who remembers her disappointment over not getting cast in "Hairspray," I thought I'd share some great news.

Today, she got a call offering her the lead in a play being produced by a new theatre group here in Orlando. We've been asked not to spill the details until the everyone is notified and the cast list is public, but it's a great, great role for her!

We were concerned that they might either pass her over or offer her a smaller role, because it's a very dark play, and she's not yet 18. But, apparently, it's not a problem.

She has a ticket to see a performance of another play tonight that was written and directed by someone she's done a show with, and she was kind of dreading the "So, what are you doing these days?" conversations, because she would have to admit she wasn't doing a show at the moment. Now, although she can't give specifics yet, she can tell everyone she's starting rehearsals for something.

We're very excited for her! She's been reading reviews of previous productions and taking notes about some of the things that seem to be special challenges of the role. Honestly, it's just a fantastic opportunity for her.

Door closed, window opened. That is wonderful news! Actually, this sounds like the kind of production that could open *big* doors for her in the future.

Congratulations to you both - I know your heart is relieved, too, Jenny. :D

Congratulations to her! It's always amazing how things seem to work out as they should. Sounds like an amazing opportunity for her! I'd love to hear more about it when it's safe to spill the beans. :D