Menu

Xmas tree award for me?

Someone recently told me about an acquaintance who leaves the tree up all year, but has different decorations for each holiday. That might be an option for you next year... :D

:blush: That would be me... Ours has been up since Christmas 2010. Don't judge me. :leaving:

Funny story about the lights actually.

The first year I went to take it down, I started taking off the lights. Darling, an engineer, I thought to myself...really did a bang up job of wiring this thing...

It's perfect, almost too perfect, like measured, tucked..measured exactly, then tucked...and suddenly, it dawned on me..

It was pre-done, packed with the lights already put on it...lol...so I ended up spending like an hour redoing what I'd undone.

Our apartment is pretty small, there's been no place to store it, so it was a backward process of making a space to store it, and you know how that goes..one thing leads to another...to another...to another...like a really bad Rubick's cube.

Someone has had one up since 2010?

Wow! That's pretty neat! :lol:

My girl friend has all of her ornaments wired on, no hooks for her, then when she's done, she throws an industrial garbage bag over it and directs her husband to take it to the cellar. When she brings it out, she fluffs it, straightenes out some branches, et voila, Christmas Tree.

No worries, one*Mom. One year I didn't get ready in time for Christmas. We were going to my parents' for the holiday. DD asked if we could have the tree for her birthday (around Easter) instead, so I put it up for Lent and took it down after her birthday. We made cookies and everything. It was fun. :)

My girl friend has all of her ornaments wired on, no hooks for her, then when she's done, she throws an industrial garbage bag over it and directs her husband to take it to the cellar. When she brings it out, she fluffs it, straightenes out some branches, et voila, Christmas Tree.

Ahhhh, that sounds fantastic! I seriously miss having a basement, sigh.:glare:

Once upon a time I was a mom who did window stickers, cakes, favors, special meals, presents, baskets blah blah blah for every holiday and festive whatever under the sun.

Now, I do not do anything of the kind, my Martha Stewart party days are so so over.

If it were up to me, there'd be no tree, or the most excessive I'd go is a branch with a ball Charlie Brown style.

Ever stop to think of how much of your life energy, money and time goes into that stuff?

(Ya, wait till I have grandkids, I'll do a complete turn-around, right?):lol:

Ds and I were ready to take our tree down, very late this year. Usually I put it in a large sheet to carry it outside so the needles don't get all over the house. This tree was too wide and very dry so we cut off the branches first. But the trunk looked so funny in the stand we put purple lights on it and left it up. It now has Easter Egg lights on it. :lol: