Menu

Want to see how nuts my neighbor is??

While it is certainly strange that she has a video camera pointed at your house, I just wanted to point out that from her point of view, it might be just as strange that you've taken a photo of her house and posted it on a message board.

Nahhhh. There's not even any identifying information about that house.

In fact, OP, you should print out a bunch of those pictures, slap 'em up on telephone polls all over your street, and add captions to them.

"Close your curtains, the people at XXX XX Lane like spy on their neighbors with video cameras!"

:P

"Paranoia strikes deep", to quote a song from the 70s. I would tread carefully. Paranoids can reach a level of tension they can't stand and act out violently.

I wouldn't confront or taunt, personally, but I'd document EVerything, in case you have to talk to the rubber truck people. I'd type it up (brief, not a long she said she said for every encounter) and keep it on hand if you ever have to deal with the authorities. Things like "came out of her back door and 15 times in one hour and took a picture of our back door".

I would call the police if she does something scary or illegal and express concern for her wellbeing. Not "I can't believe that b**** keeps moving our garbage can" but "I'm concerned the woman next door is obsessed with our garbage. She is coming onto our property more and more and getting louder when she does. My kids run inside when they see her. I'm wondering if she is "okay"?"

Any experienced police has dealt with this. :grouphug: and hope this helps. I finally moved when the neighbors everyone called "the cannibals" threatened to sue. I think they killed my cat, too.

While it is certainly strange that she has a video camera pointed at your house, I just wanted to point out that from her point of view, it might be just as strange that you've taken a photo of her house and posted it on a message board.

I Don't think documenting someone else's craziness is strange. I think it's smart. To the OP, you need to report this to the police.

While it is pretty bizzaro-funny that she would stoop to this, I'ver heard recently about a man at my dh's work that thought he was being "surveiled" by his co-workers...and eventually snapped and attacked his family. Gives me the creeps...wishing you all relief (if she's just goofy) & safety (in case she's truly nuts).

Yes. Having lived across from a scary neighbor, I agree with this. He started just coming over to our house when my dh was outside and telling him that I talked about him all day and that he could hear me from his house (across the street) talking smack about him. Right before we moved, he physically threatened my dh. We called the police and they said they couldn't do anything unless he actually did something to us. We could get a restraining order, but we didn't see this as something that would help, plus he'd be notified which scared me more. Luckily, we did move. Scary neighbors is something I don't take lightly.

I think you should start walking around naked. Then, you can call the police and let them know that she has been videotaping you naked!! :)

What a nut case!

I seriously would have some fun with it though. Then maybe she'd realize how crazy she is being.

We have friends who live in a 2 story house. One of the bathrooms is on the backside of the house. Living in a housing development, their back yard backs to someone else's back yard (with a 7 foot cinderblock wall between the yards). At one point, the blinds broke in the bathroom and it took them a few days to get them replaced, but didn't worry about because who could see in?? Apparently, the back neighbors, if they sat in the right place, could. And they called the police (rather than just going over and saying "Dude. We can see your wife shower. Can you put up a sheet or something?") who then had to make an appearance and basically said "if they complain again, we could charge you with indecent exposure. they think you're doing it intentionally. hang up a sheet or something."

So, be aware that dancing naked in front of your own windows COULD get you cited.

So, be aware that dancing naked in front of your own windows COULD get you cited.

An old joke from the 30s: Woman calls police because men renting the next house walk around in their undies or towels. Police man looks out her window and says he can't see them. Woman says, here stand on this stool and lean all the way over to the left, and you'll see them. :lol:

(This, BTW, was my mother's raciest joke, and she didn't tell it in mixed company.)

Maybe I am not understanding what's happening here. It seems to me that a very weird, paranoid woman has installed a "security camera" in her window. Even though that seems very strange, and I wouldn't like it if I lived in the camera's range, I am thinking it has to be legal to put cameras around your house for "security." Right? Security cameras are pretty much every where in America.

Nope it is a camcorder sitting on the ledge of the window.

Make signs that say

"just did the dishes"

"all my laundry is folded"

"making a cake"

"shaved my legs"

"scooped the cat poop"

"called grandma"

etc. etc. etc and change them every 15 minutes:lol::lol:

Need to add "just had sex" to the list. Make sure that one pops up every hour or so.

I'd be worried. What will she try next? What will she do when she is repeatedly not satisfied with the outcomes of calling the police? She could become so frustrated that she acts desperately - imo.

While all of these suggestions made me giggle - they also made me cringe. I wouldn't antagonize a crazy person. I'd quietly consult with a lawyer. You want a written record. Also, what is this camera pointing at? Your bedroom? Your child's bedroom??

Don't ignore your intuition. Protect you and yours. Build a fence.

But, it's just my opinion.

:iagree:I would definitely be calling the police.

We have friends who live in a 2 story house. One of the bathrooms is on the backside of the house. Living in a housing development, their back yard backs to someone else's back yard (with a 7 foot cinderblock wall between the yards). At one point, the blinds broke in the bathroom and it took them a few days to get them replaced, but didn't worry about because who could see in?? Apparently, the back neighbors, if they sat in the right place, could. And they called the police (rather than just going over and saying "Dude. We can see your wife shower. Can you put up a sheet or something?") who then had to make an appearance and basically said "if they complain again, we could charge you with indecent exposure. they think you're doing it intentionally. hang up a sheet or something."

That is nuts.

I wouldn't give a hoot what she got on tape. I would just have crazy freaky sex right in the window facing the camera -- 10-12 times a day, at all hours.

Because if she's a going to be a whackadoodle, you might as well have fun with it.

I thought that too. I'm too shy to carry it out though. I'd hate to have it end up on the internet.

I know that I will come across as a wet blanket but she sounds mentally ill and I think it is mean to make fun of her. I do however understand how difficult it would be to live next to her if she's calling the police on you etc. :grouphug:

As much as I agree w/this, I admit that my first thought was to make a sign saying, "Trying for baby #6 and 7!" and then proceed to suck face w/Wolf in plain view...

"Paranoia strikes deep", to quote a song from the 70s. I would tread carefully. Paranoids can reach a level of tension they can't stand and act out violently.

I wouldn't confront or taunt, personally, but I'd document EVerything, in case you have to talk to the rubber truck people. I'd type it up (brief, not a long she said she said for every encounter) and keep it on hand if you ever have to deal with the authorities. Things like "came out of her back door and 15 times in one hour and took a picture of our back door".

I would call the police if she does something scary or illegal and express concern for her wellbeing. Not "I can't believe that b**** keeps moving our garbage can" but "I'm concerned the woman next door is obsessed with our garbage. She is coming onto our property more and more and getting louder when she does. My kids run inside when they see her. I'm wondering if she is "okay"?"

Any experienced police has dealt with this. :grouphug: and hope this helps. I finally moved when the neighbors everyone called "the cannibals" threatened to sue. I think they killed my cat, too.

:iagree: It sounds like she is mentally ill :(