Menu

Now I need full-on prayers

I am supposed to leave for a two month trip in three days. We've had two "surprise" bills in the last week for more than twice the cost of the whole trip. Dh is flipping out. We're going to "talk" about the trip in an hour or so. My whole family is waiting for us on the other side of the country. Dh's blood pressure is through the roof.

I'm not even going to be coy, here. Please pray. This isn't just about the trip. This is about everything.

I am supposed to leave for a two month trip in three days. We've had two "surprise" bills in the last week for more than twice the cost of the whole trip. Dh is flipping out. We're going to "talk" about the trip in an hour or so. My whole family is waiting for us on the other side of the country. Dh's blood pressure is through the roof.

I'm not even going to be coy, here. Please pray. This isn't just about the trip. This is about everything.

My prayers are with you and your DH that you will come in unity to make a decision in these unexpected circumstances.

Hugs,

Angela

I swear I felt you all for awhile....

But things are pretty bad. The "D" word came up. Neither of us wants this and I cannot look at this man in my life and think it could possibly happen, but we also each have places we don't want to compromise on anymore.

Pray for inspiration, people. We are two people who love each other. Isn't the rest supposed to be easy?

Jennifer, friend -- I can just hear your panic. And, I know how that feels. That spiraling downward out of control awfulness where everything implodes, and nothing makes sense, and your power goes right out the window. So, after it's had its little walkabout, I'm praying for your power to return. I believe it will. I believe the spinning will stop, and clarity will intervene, and it will all settle in and maybe even make some sense in the blink of a pile of minutes.

Sending peace to you, to your man, to your world.

And, sending hugs!

I swear I felt you all for awhile....

But things are pretty bad. The "D" word came up. Neither of us wants this and I cannot look at this man in my life and think it could possibly happen, but we also each have places we don't want to compromise on anymore.

Pray for inspiration, people. We are two people who love each other. Isn't the rest supposed to be easy?

No, the rest is decidedly not easy. Worth it, generally, but not easy.

I'm still thinking of you.

Update.

Things are much calmer now. We started out the day looking the "d" word right in the eyes, but have backed way away from it now. Neither of us wants that. Neither of us can figure out what exactly is wrong with us. Like dh said at one point - it's like we're going to lose everything because the toilet paper doesn't get put on the roll. The things we argue about aren't quite that trivial, but almost....

We're going on our trip, we're just putting off leaving for a couple of days so we can be sure that we get new tenants in the house that's sitting empty (and losing money). Dh is going to try to back off of the complaints about the kids, I'm going to try to back off of the complaining about where we live.

Aaargh....we are so awful when it comes time to clear the air. Neither of us can stand to argue, so we wait too long and then the blow up is spectacular. I really woke up this morning thinking I might be single by nightfall. I feel like I've been rolled downhill in a barrel.

Thanks again for all the good thoughts. This board is an incredible help, isn't it?