Menu

Changing a baby's name?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dh is really reaching for excuses at this point for not changing the name! His newest is that it is 3-syllable and therefore too long to say. That might fly if we didn't have many 3-syllable names already! Brianna, Carissa, Susanna, Rebecca, Juliette...

Oh come on - just rename him already will ya
Since you told me to, that seals it! :D Now to decide on just Oliver William or Oliver Cory William... Don't I make you ladies nuts???

Doesn't he look like an "Oliver"? (said in a very tiny voice for fear of the reactions to this name, lol). This picture doesn't do justice to his huge gray eyes and enormous cheeks that rest on his chest! And his personality is to die for! So sweet and happy...a loving nature for sure! OK, let me have it, ladies. I can take it...I think...maybe...

No he doesn't look like an Oliver because I have an Oliver. ;) it takes dh and I days after they're born to decide on a name and with Oliver both of us and dd looked at him and decided he was an Oliver. But half the time he gets called Oggie because DS couldnt say his name and called him Ogerber.

My dh is really reaching for excuses at this point for not changing the name! His newest is that it is 3-syllable and therefore too long to say. That might fly if we didn't have many 3-syllable names already! Brianna, Carissa, Susanna, Rebecca, Juliette...

Since you told me to, that seals it! :D Now to decide on just Oliver William or Oliver Cory William... Don't I make you ladies nuts???

I think Oliver goes so well with those names!!

I like Oliver Cory William, it seems to "flow", but so does Oliver William. :D Well, that was no help.

If you call him Oliver Cory William, will your relatives use that as an excuse to keep calling him Cory? You know, because it's his middle name, so it's still technically his name. :glare:

FWIW, I think he looks like an Oliver, too, and it's interesting and sort of dignified, yet still easy to spell and remember, as opposed to Cory, which seems very casual. That could make a difference as he gets older and wants to be taken seriously. (I know it's silly, but if I'm choosing between two brain surgeons and all i have to go on are their names, I'm going to pick Oliver over Cory... Because Cory sounds more like a cowboy or a surfer. ;))

I vote that you should go for it!!!

I really like the name Oliver and think it goes much better with your other kids' names. Oliver and Juliette sounds much better than Cory and Juliette. Mainly because you have such elegant names for the others and then a much more pedestrian name. So go for it and you can use the others as middle names.

I would never have thought of Oliver, but it does seem to suit him. (The 3 of my children who live at home all agree that he looks like an Oliver, and one of them says Oliver is a better name than Cory William.)

IMG_0172-1.jpg

Doesn't he look like an "Oliver"? (said in a very tiny voice for fear of the reactions to this name, lol). This picture doesn't do justice to his huge gray eyes and enormous cheeks that rest on his chest! And his personality is to die for! So sweet and happy...a loving nature for sure! OK, let me have it, ladies. I can take it...I think...maybe...