Menu

CO Governor with a most embarassing comment

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_20084100?source=commented-

He added, "I didn't mean 'sex symbol,' I meant 'rock star,' but I said 'sex star.' It was a poorly designed effort to pay compliments to Joe."

Read more: Colorado Gov. Hickenlooper's foot lands in mouth after introducing Lt. Gov. Garcia as "sex star" - The Denver Post

I say the wrong thing all the time so I guess I can't fault him too much.

So many ways to answer this question :lol:, but I'll go ahead and give you the honest answer: I guess he normally calls him a rock star.http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/colorados-rising-sex-star-promote-statewide-literacy/story?id=15833176#.T1LC0PHCnEg

I can see myself doing something similar - making somr ridiculous mistake, catching it and correcting it only to realize I corrected the wrong bit. Unless he make regular remarks that are questionable I' d chuckle and give him a pass on this.

Unless he make regular remarks that are questionable I' d chuckle and give him a pass on this.

I know nothing about him, but I would give him a pass, too, unless he says inappropriate things all the time.

He was probably mortified when he realized what he'd said.

Well, I remember when Hickenlooper was just a bar owner in downtown Denver. And later the mayor.

But the governor????? I'm a little surprised. :001_huh:

I am not a Hickenlooper fan, but based on what I'm reading about him, it appears to be a serious misstatement rather than poor judgment. According to Wikipedia (okay, I'm pressed for time), he and his wife attend Quaker meetings and try to live by Quaker values.

Um wow. I find it funny that he corrected himself by changing sex star to sex symbol. What he should have corrected was the word sex!

:iagree:

My dc laugh at me because I'm famous for getting my words mixed up, especially when I'm in a hurry, but saying the word "sex" when speaking to a group of children...:001_huh:...yeah, that hasn't happened.

Reminds me of when I took my 7 y.o. to the dentist and the receptionist told him his new haircut was "sexy."

What? Why? Whatever happened to "nice haircut" ?

Some adjectives just don't need to be introduced, whether it's describing a haircut, star or symbol :tongue_smilie:.