Menu

ARGH! When there is someone (online) who just seems to not like you

it just gets OLD.

There is a woman (I assume a woman) on a non-homeschooling board who seems to just follow me around and disagree with everything I say.

I say a good quality car to look at might be XXX and she pipes up with, "OH NO! You shouldn't even consider THAT one, you should consider the YYY one!"

I can say I like BBB store and she will come in and give a rant on how horrible that company is and that anyone who will support them is just admitting they are racist.

I am using examples that aren't the actual ones obviously, but she is just grating on my nerves. It seems that whatever I say she has to say the opposite.

Just tired of it and I really don't want to be rude and call her out, but it is so frustrating.

Dawn

That would get old! Maybe you should follow her threads and either agree with everything or disagree with everything ;) How valuable is the non homeschooling board to you? I would consider just not partcipating on that board or even taking a break. If you block someone, will their comments be omitted from a thread?

How irritating -- I had an interaction with a designer of an app who got mad at me because his app (which did not work correctly) isn't making him lots of money, basically and then all of a sudden someone with an IP address from near where he lives signed me up for all sorts of weird email lists, from coupons to weight loss to online gambling to wives of s3x addicts. It's pathetic.

I have one of those in my real life too. Not sure what she gains from always shooting me down. I think she's insecure, and although she may think my ideas are actually good, she wants to have the feeling of thinking (and having others think) hers are better.

There was a conversation that we had where she shot me down in a group and I said about her suggestion "Yes, that idea worked for me too, but I found that doing it this way was faster for me." So, in essence I agreed with her, but still stuck to my guns. She clammed up & I felt kind of bad, but I had had enough. Not one of my prouder moments. :tongue_smilie:

It actually is a good board overall......most people are very nice and helpful and informational......

Normally I just let it go, but today just got to me with other stresses going on (like a SIL coming to visit who also doesn't like me......sigh.)

Dawn

That would get old! Maybe you should follow her threads and either agree with everything or disagree with everything ;) How valuable is the non homeschooling board to you? I would consider just not partcipating on that board or even taking a break. If you block someone, will their comments be omitted from a thread?
Edited by DawnM

Can you block her on that board you're on? I've thought of doing that to someone here. It's not to the extent that your person seems to be following you around, but it happens often enough for me to want to call her out on it. I've noticed she does it with other people too, so in this case it's not just me -- she must be one of those people that always needs to have the last word and be right. Still annoying though. When I get to the point where I want to call someone out, I either ignore them or block them. I've been in "board wars" with a couple people on other sites, and the cyber-stalking lengths some of those people will go to is not worth it. It's a big waste of time and energy.

Awe, you are sweet. Yes, could you just agree with me for a while?

Let's see.....how inflammatory can I be and see if you will do that? :lol:

Well, I like you, does that help? I'll follow you around and agree w/everything you say for a while if it would make you feel better :tongue_smilie:

I have ppl that refuse to read my posts b/c I prefer a bold font. *shrug*

Can't be everyone's cuppa.

Well, I like you, does that help? I'll follow you around and agree w/everything you say for a while if it would make you feel better :tongue_smilie:

I have ppl that refuse to read my posts b/c I prefer a bold font. *shrug*

Can't be everyone's cuppa.

I actually like your bold font. I makes it so much easier to read. :D

Awe, you are sweet. Yes, could you just agree with me for a while?

Let's see.....how inflammatory can I be and see if you will do that? :lol:

I may have to use a disclaimer...

Imp has promised to agree w/DawnM for the day. Please do not hold this against her once she is again operating under her own free will

:lol:

:grouphug:

I got mega flamed via PM yesterday on a forum that I like and post very frequently. Apparently according to her, I'm too "worldly" and I "taint" the forum, and that she is writing in love. amen sister

:lol:

at first, I cried because it's hard to be told you're a bad person for your religion. But then I remembered I'm in a faith that thinks God is the one who took that punishment for me. He likes me, I guess that's good enough.

oh well... then had a long road trip listening to "worldly music" and was comforted with songs like "don't stop thinking about tomorrow...." and "crystal blue persuasion"..... and "love stinks". oh the irony

I like the Hive... we can have a Mike's together and agree to disagree and have different experiences with same stuff....

:grouphug: just laugh it up. it's all good. As my non-christian in laws told me this morning "ooh.. I had no idea you were that powerful" .

I like Imp's bolding too. My eyes are getting old.

-crystal

If you want you can post the name of the forum and us hive members will swarm it :p We can outvoice her nonsense anyday :D

I was on a local forum once, where I knew many people irl. Someone started a rumor about me and not only did it catch like wildfire but they made a huge post just to tell me how my they hated me, how I was a bad mother, how my kids were disabled because of me and that they should be taken away from me. Pm's and emails about how the world would be better if I was dead.

I was run right off that board, but continued to get emails of that stuff for weeks. IT was horrible.

Oh and the one that started the rumor, she came to me 2 YEARS later to admit she had since found out that what she had posted about me had been a lie told to her by 1 of my fellow coworkers that was mad I was hired to be her boss(the one that started the rumor on the board was my best friend and boss). She beleived the lie this woman told her about me, and posted it on there and made my life a living h*ll on that group and off of it.

I lost my best friend, my job, all the friends I had made on the site, etc. All because of 1 jealous person said 1 lie about me just out of spite.

I love this group because there is none of that going on. There is a couple people on here that seem to disagree with me *just* to disagree but they do not follow me around or anything like that. So it could just be coincidence, though I have watched them change their opinion as soon as someone else posts the same thing I did and suddenly it is something to agree with.

Seriously though if that board does not have an ignore function I would just leave it. No one needs that kind of drama/aggravation of someone just out to make an issue with you over every little thing.

WHAT?????

What kind of humans do this sort of thing?

Dawn

If you want you can post the name of the forum and us hive members will swarm it :p We can outvoice her nonsense anyday :D

I was on a local forum once, where I knew many people irl. Someone started a rumor about me and not only did it catch like wildfire but they made a huge post just to tell me how my they hated me, how I was a bad mother, how my kids were disabled because of me and that they should be taken away from me. Pm's and emails about how the world would be better if I was dead.

I was run right off that board, but continued to get emails of that stuff for weeks. IT was horrible.

Oh and the one that started the rumor, she came to me 2 YEARS later to admit she had since found out that what she had posted about me had been a lie told to her by 1 of my fellow coworkers that was mad I was hired to be her boss(the one that started the rumor on the board was my best friend and boss). She beleived the lie this woman told her about me, and posted it on there and made my life a living h*ll on that group and off of it.

I lost my best friend, my job, all the friends I had made on the site, etc. All because of 1 jealous person said 1 lie about me just out of spite.

I love this group because there is none of that going on. There is a couple people on here that seem to disagree with me *just* to disagree but they do not follow me around or anything like that. So it could just be coincidence, though I have watched them change their opinion as soon as someone else posts the same thing I did and suddenly it is something to agree with.

Seriously though if that board does not have an ignore function I would just leave it. No one needs that kind of drama/aggravation of someone just out to make an issue with you over every little thing.

it just gets OLD.

There is a woman (I assume a woman) on a non-homeschooling board who seems to just follow me around and disagree with everything I say.

I say a good quality car to look at might be XXX and she pipes up with, "OH NO! You shouldn't even consider THAT one, you should consider the YYY one!"

I can say I like BBB store and she will come in and give a rant on how horrible that company is and that anyone who will support them is just admitting they are racist.

I am using examples that aren't the actual ones obviously, but she is just grating on my nerves. It seems that whatever I say she has to say the opposite.

Just tired of it and I really don't want to be rude and call her out, but it is so frustrating.

Dawn

It's not personal. She doesn't even know you.

I had a nemesis on a forum once. This person said black if I said white, constantly. It's ok. I know what I know.

cbollin:

Apparently according to her, I'm too "worldly" and I "taint" the forum, and that she is writing in love. amen sister

Wow. She really said that? Even if she thinks it and honestly believes it, she should either phrase it in such a polite way that you will hear her actual concern, or she should keep quiet and pray for you! PM attacks are cowardly. If you have something to say, say it in front of everyone.

Yep, I left one sewing board because of a woman like that. Ironically, it was a CLOTH DIAPER sewing board. The woman was much older, no kids at home, and did not make cloth diapers. Nastiest coot I've met online. She followed every Christian on the board around and tried to corner them into saying something that she could later say, "see, Christians are intolerant and horrid people!" even though we were trying so very hard to learn from the diversity of the board. Between this board and that board, I had grown a lot. It was sad to have to leave. But the "diva drama" was just a negativity I did not need in my life.

it just gets OLD.

Dawn

OH NO! She can't possibly have said that. You're just wrong. She's a lovely woman really. :D

Only kidding. You know what to do. Leave that forum and come and spend lots more time here where we truly love and appreciate you, and (mostly) agree with (most of) what you say.

:grouphug:

Cassy

Dawn, have you tried sending the woman a PM and politely asking her why she seems to have a problem with you? Be very nice about it. If she responds in a nasty or weird way, send a copy of both PMs to the mods, along with a note detailing the woman's behavior on the forum, so they'll see that you're the nice one and she's the instigator, and you're not just randomly trying to start trouble with her. You may not be the only person this woman is harassing. The moderators should be informed.

If you don't want to go the "PM and Mods" route, I think you should start politely calling her out every single time she posts a snotty response to one of your posts. Just things like, "I was wondering how long it would take you to get here," "Stalking my posts again, are you?" or "I'm starting to feel like you're my new puppy because you follow me around so much," and always with a big happy smiley emoticon right after your comment so if she goes off the deep end about it, she will look like an unstable idiot.

This woman is making you uncomfortable on a forum you otherwise enjoy, I don't see why it wouldn't be fine to make her a little uncomfortable, too.

WHAT?????

What kind of humans do this sort of thing?

Dawn

Bullies plain and simple. It was different than this board because it was a local one for the members of that city and there was frequent gatherings etc so I had met many many many members in person.

People think it is tough on a message board like this where there is the "popular crowd" and then everyone else, on a board like I was on it was like being stuck in high school again. The popular group were the mean girls and if you were not one of them you were either ignored or bullied. I was not the only one they ganged up on and ran off the page as soon as 1 would be chased off they would pick a new target.

The page was sold shortly after I was chased off, I tried to go back after a year or so had passed, and I only got out 2 posts before the "popular posters" jumped all over me again. The posts I posted to were general mundane ones, and I was blasted for even posting at all, the main culprit went back to nasty pm's. I left again, I am too old for high school drama.

The page has since dissolved. Many of those on my fb I met in that group, and I have been regaining the friendships that were lost due to that nonsense.

Dawn, have you tried sending the woman a PM and politely asking her why she seems to have a problem with you? Be very nice about it. If she responds in a nasty or weird way, send a copy of both PMs to the mods, along with a note detailing the woman's behavior on the forum, so they'll see that you're the nice one and she's the instigator, and you're not just randomly trying to start trouble with her. You may not be the only person this woman is harassing. The moderators should be informed.

If you don't want to go the "PM and Mods" route, I think you should start politely calling her out every single time she posts a snotty response to one of your posts. Just things like, "I was wondering how long it would take you to get here," "Stalking my posts again, are you?" or "I'm starting to feel like you're my new puppy because you follow me around so much," and always with a big happy smiley emoticon right after your comment so if she goes off the deep end about it, she will look like an unstable idiot.

This woman is making you uncomfortable on a forum you otherwise enjoy, I don't see why it wouldn't be fine to make her a little uncomfortable, too.

:iagree: Great advice

it just gets OLD.

This will tell you what a complete nut I am, but once, on a very dull board, I created an alternate second personality and went around dogging my first personality for grins. :tongue_smilie: It was a blast arguing with myself. Kind of like what really happens in my head!

This will tell you what a complete nut I am, but once, on a very dull board, I created an alternate second personality and went around dogging my first personality for grins. :tongue_smilie: It was a blast arguing with myself. Kind of like what really happens in my head!

:lol: :smilielol5: :lol:

I like you! :D