Menu

Prayers please...we've been evacuated from our home for 2 days now

Due to the fire in Northern California. It has been crazy. We were able to get most of our animals, although we had to leave 3 of our cats, and they are now in a shelter at Search & Rescue. We stayed at one of she shelters, but had to sleep in our car because they were full.

2 of our friends have lost their homes

Prayers for our whole area please!!! Paradise, California

Due to the fire in Northern California. It has been crazy. We were able to get most of our animals, although we had to leave 3 of our cats, and they are now in a shelter at Search & Rescue. We stayed at one of she shelters, but had to sleep in our car because they were full.

You've got it. I hope your home will be spared.

My heart goes out to you. :grouphug: and prayers from here too.

So we were able to find a motel room...........thank you Lord!! It looks like we can go home soon as they are starting to open up the road up the mountain to our town. A friend of ours called and they checked on our house and so far so good.........again thank you Lord!

Visited the dogs and cats at the shelter.......it is almost 100 degrees so they are all getting hosed down regularly but seem to be doing okay. They were so glad to see us though. It has to be so scary for them.

My other 2 kids came home from camp yesterday so we are all together as a family now........although the logistics in a hotel room are slightly more cramped.........LOL

Hope to go home soon.

We never get the news in Austin. Sheesh.

I'll sure be praying now.

What part of No Cal??

... more like which fire in Northern California? Last week there were two fires sort of near Sacramento, one in Monterey County, and one in Sonoma County. Oh, and another new one near Santa Cruz.

It's been awful. :(

Rachel- I am so sorry to hear you had to be evacuated and that your home was threatened. Glad to see in your update that things are looking ok so far. Whew.

just to see if everything is okay in the aftermath of the Humboldt Fire.

For those of you who pray: Several people are homeless in our area after a fire got out of hand due to strong wind and dry conditions.

Just found a post by Rachel on 6-14, in the midst of the fire, they were evacuated. Praying that the house is okay!

Thank you for thinking of us Liz

We finally are back in our home but it sure has been a stressful week.

Our home was saved but a few of our friends and co-workers lost their homes. 70 homes in all were burned.

They just reopened the college today so my son is back to summer school.....much to his dismay :)

Work (at the hospital ER) has been CRAZY busy with folks with respiratory problems, anxiety attacks, etc.....

I am certainly going to be rethinking how I store my important papers and photos after tearing apart my house looking for stuff to throw in the car.

Also with 5 cats I've determined one cat carrier is not enough.

The fire is 100% contained as of late last night.......so thank you for the prayers..........very scary time......

Thank you for thinking of us Liz

We finally are back in our home but it sure has been a stressful week.

Our home was saved but a few of our friends and co-workers lost their homes. 70 homes in all were burned.

They just reopened the college today so my son is back to summer school.....much to his dismay :)

Work (at the hospital ER) has been CRAZY busy with folks with respiratory problems, anxiety attacks, etc.....

I am certainly going to be rethinking how I store my important papers and photos after tearing apart my house looking for stuff to throw in the car.

Also with 5 cats I've determined one cat carrier is not enough.

The fire is 100% contained as of late last night.......so thank you for the prayers..........very scary time......

Glad to hear you still have a home and everyone is okay!