Menu

Now I want a designer purse!!

I want this bag. Can I carry it with jeans and when I am dressed for work? I have evening bags that I carry for evenings out. I am the quintessential soccer mom/soccer coach's wife. Will it work for that? I LOVE this bag. (And I am sure I can fit the iPad in it...) Could I add a scarf for some color? Is the color ok? Please all of you designer bag ladies, would it be a good investment? (As a mom of four, full time teacher, part time college professor, I need a larger bag.)

Oooohhhhhhhh.....I love that bag! It would go with everything and you could definitely interchange some scarves on it.

It would be perfect for me! Oh...we're talking about for you, right? Sorry.;):tongue_smilie:

Can you send me a link? Purple is my favorite color, and I've been looking for a great purple bag for years!

I'm still looking.:) It was on a special access site to their outlet store last week and the sale is over. Now I can't find it.:glare:

The outlet sales come with a special invitation and only last for 48 hrs or so. Once the sale is over, you can't get back in.:tongue_smilie:

I'm on a quest to find it.:D I think the listed sale price was $117.

So if we start seeing Designer bag ads showing up in the want to buy section, we'll know why. :lol:

Perhaps at conventions there should be a WTM pre-owned bag booth.

People could also barter curricula for bags. It could be called Books for bags, or Bags for Books whichever way you trade.

CAROLINE: BUY THE BAG! IT'S GORGEOUS!!! It will go with everything.

:iagree:

So if we start seeing Designer bag ads showing up in the want to buy section, we'll know why. :lol:

People could also barter curricula for bags. It could be called Books for bags, or Bags for Books whichever way you trade.

Lots of potential here.:tongue_smilie: I had the same thought about the WTB section.:lol:

ETA - My son is almost done w/ SL Core 200. PM me with pictures of your bags.:D:lol::D

Edited by Happyhomemama

Fabulous idea!!!!! I love it!!!!!!:001_smile:

Kind of like trading in one vice for another.

I want this bag. Can I carry it with jeans and when I am dressed for work? I have evening bags that I carry for evenings out. I am the quintessential soccer mom/soccer coach's wife. Will it work for that? I LOVE this bag. (And I am sure I can fit the iPad in it...) Could I add a scarf for some color? Is the color ok? Please all of you designer bag ladies, would it be a good investment? (As a mom of four, full time teacher, part time college professor, I need a larger bag.)

That bag really is gorgeous, Caroline! I love it! It looks like the color of hot cocoa to me. :001_wub:

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/SearchResultsView?storeId=10551&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&quickOrder=yes&searchKeyword=purple&cacheKeyword=PURPLE

Top Row, 3rd one from left (maggie) or the lindsey patent leather on the 3rd row or the perfect combination which is the patent maggie on the 5th row. :svengo::drool5::001_tt1:

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/SearchResultsView?storeId=10551&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&quickOrder=yes&searchKeyword=purple&cacheKeyword=PURPLE

Top Row, 3rd one from left (maggie) or the lindsey patent leather on the 3rd row or the perfect combination which is the patent maggie on the 5th row. :svengo::drool5::001_tt1:

LOVE all of them. ADORE the patent maggie on the 5th row. Darn you -- I have never even looked at the Coach site b/c we have so many coach stores here -- which is safe for me b/c I hate to 'go' shopping. DARN YOU!:glare: I have to look at their site again.:auto:

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!

the patent lindsey would look awesome hanging off your shoulder!!

I did it. It will be here next week. I found a 15% off coupon, so it was even less expensive. (I did good, right?) I am so excited that I will have it for my first college professor class! I have wanted a Kate Spade bag for a long time.

I went to the grocery in the mean time, and I studied people's hand bags. I never looked before. There were a lot of Coach bags at my grocery. So I am glad I didn't get a Coach. I do like to be a little different. (I am the skinny jeans, high heels, red manicure, from up north, soccer mom. Oh, and I teach calculus in a failing school on the other side of the tracks. People do look at me weird over here.)

Nakia, I think you should visit the Coach outlet. I really like the Madison bag. There were no purple Coach bags at my grocery.

Off to take down the Christmas tree.

I did it. It will be here next week. I found a 15% off coupon, so it was even less expensive. (I did good, right?) I am so excited that I will have it for my first college professor class! I have wanted a Kate Spade bag for a long time.

I went to the grocery in the mean time, and I studied people's hand bags. I never looked before. There were a lot of Coach bags at my grocery. So I am glad I didn't get a Coach. I do like to be a little different. (I am the skinny jeans, high heels, red manicure, from up north, soccer mom. Oh, and I teach calculus in a failing school on the other side of the tracks. People do look at me weird over here.)

Nakia, I think you should visit the Coach outlet. I really like the Madison bag. There were no purple Coach bags at my grocery.

I think we are related -- I was the 4th grade teacher who drove the H2....and all the other things you mentioned......but we had a dress code.

:D

Oh my gosh, yes!! I have one that retailed for over $900 and I paid about $300 for it. LOVE.

Love Marc -- wonderful leather.:001_smile:

Yay! I'm so glad you ordered it! I can't wait to hear what you think when it arrives.

I like to be a little different too, which is why I prefer bold colors. I also love to carry funky purses with my jeans, t-shirts, and flip flops.

I think I will go to the Coach outlet. Soon. :D

LOVE all of them. ADORE the patent maggie on the 5th row. Darn you -- I have never even looked at the Coach site b/c we have so many coach stores here -- which is safe for me b/c I hate to 'go' shopping. DARN YOU!:glare: I have to look at their site again.:auto:

I LOVE the Maggie style. I have two of them. :blush: Mine are lavender (I use it in the spring and summer) and cognac (I use a lot in the fall). I love the size of the Maggie, how it fits on my shoulder, and definitely the organization of it!

I considered buying that purple patent Maggie, but it isn't really the shade of purple that I want. :(

I recently received two new Coach bags-- a red/wine colored patent leather and a royal blue/navy patent leather. Love them both, but I am still looking for the perfect purple bag!

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!

Heck with the bags, I now need a pair of purple ruched zipper gloves!

This is what I got for Christmas .

It's the backpack but in black. LOVE it! I don't like the Coach, LV, DB, etc that has their letters plastered all over it, but that's me. :) I love the buttery soft leather that you could use as a heavenly pillow in a pinch. ;) lol

Also one of my favorites is this plaid but in the classic two handled like this .

I have a gorgeous, fresh-fingernail painted red from DB that I adore but the edges are easy to scuff and that's very disappointing. It's similar to this but in the red and shaped a bit different, like this .

My brother used to work for Radley, so I carry a Radley. It's the first expensive purse I've ever carried (or cared to carry); and it really is nicer than the usual $19 job I usually carry. It should last the rest of my life. Plus, it's purple.

It's kind of like this one:

60497P_2.jpg?thumbnail=jpg&width=160&height=160

My bag of choice is dooney bourke followed by brighton and most recently and more affordable Tiganello(love the leather they use). I look at and have considered the more expensive bags but I always go back to dooney bourke or brighton and most recently an usuall color in Tiganello.

That's the brand I have. Love the leather. Nakia, I'm with you. I don't have any bags I love. I have great bags, but I'ge not yet found any that I would beg, borrow and steal for. And the Hermes bag I love is so far out of the realm (at 16k) it's not funny.

I've just about decided to take the Tod's bag that I love out of storage (I'll see if I can find a photo of it) -- I LOVE that bag. If I take the Tod's out of storage, I will probably use the $$$ to rent a house in OBX for Easter week and have my daughter Stacey (with her dh and grand daughters) join us. We've never done that with them, and they have never been to OBX and I am thinking that $2000 +- would be better spent that way.......and that gives me more time to decide on a bag.

I did find photos -- one shows the style (which I love) and the other is the color (which for me is a neutral color and goes with everything).

post-10544-13535086032221_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535086032297_thumb.jpg

Is Stacy your dd who has had the really rough year? I think Easter week at the Outer Banks sounds lovely. (and I like the Tod bag, too)

Thank you -- yes, she and her husband suffered two losses in such a short amount of time, and then her teaching job imploded (but thankfully she is now in a school that she loves with folks who love her) -- so, I think that right now, as I am in the process of reserving the rental property, it is the better choice. I must be getting sensible or mature in my old age. :lol::lol::lol:

And, I DO love that Tod's bag -- I guess I packed it away b/c I thought we would sell quickly and I could get at it soon.

Happy New Year!

I blame you all. Such a bad, bad influence! :D Since my birthday is this week, I went to TJMaxx to see what they had in the purse dept with all the whisperings of this thread bouncing around my little head. So instead of grabbing a $20 purse like I normally would I ended up with a B. Makowsky. Here's a picture of the one I got (I bought the rust color version). I love bold colors and it's so soft I can't stop caressing it. And no, I did NOT spend that much money on it. Clearance at TJMaxx is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

I blame you all. Such a bad, bad influence! :D Since my birthday is this week, I went to TJMaxx to see what they had in the purse dept with all the whisperings of this thread bouncing around my little head. So instead of grabbing a $20 purse like I normally would I ended up with a B. Makowsky. Here's a picture of the one I got (I bought the rust color version). I love bold colors and it's so soft I can't stop caressing it. And no, I did NOT spend that much money on it. Clearance at TJMaxx is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

I have seen those at TJM -- I love them!!!!!!

Don't think of us as a bad influence - :D; Think of us as economic cheerleaders, doing out part to get the economy jumpstarted! :auto:

Wow...I didn't realize designer purses were such a big thing...but I don't usually concern myself with name brands except my tennis shoes...i got an Elle purse and Sienna something both for $40...I'd rather have a cheap purse with a couple hundred inside it. :lol::lol::lol:

My favorite purse to date is my Miche! Dh bought it for me last year for Christmas. The base is $40, the shell is $40. You can purchase a new shell and just change the look of your purse.

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I have the big one of course! ;) The purse you got is cute! But too small for what I need! :p

Here is the purse I own.

Drew-Official-Miche-Bag.png

In response to a few comments here:

PLEASE do not buy fake handbags or other products just so you can carry a "name." Counterfeit products feed organized crime, drug trafficking, inhumane child labor conditions, and perhaps even terrorist activity.

If you cannot afford a designer bag, why pretend that you can? Is status so important you are willing to allow trademark infringement?

You can buy a nice bag at TJMAXX for under $100.00 with soft, supple leather. Or, buy a cute bag at Target for under $25.00. No need to pretend you can afford something you can't --especially when the "posturing" costs so much for others!

My favorite purse to date is my Miche! Dh bought it for me last year for Christmas. The base is $40, the shell is $40. You can purchase a new shell and just change the look of your purse.

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I have the big one of course! ;) The purse you got is cute! But too small for what I need! :p

Here is the purse I own.

Miche bags are quite nice.

Here is the purse I own.

I like those - I love the size. :001_smile: