Menu

I broke my cheekbone yesterday and am not happy

Yesterday my glasses fell off and I bent down to get them. Unfortunately, without my glasses, I don't see well. I have bad myopia and more importantly, significant astigmatism. So I accidentally hit my cheekbone on the desk edge. Well, at least I think I just cracked it, not a full break. I don't need treatment but it does hurt.

Christina, that sounds painful!

Are you putting a cold compress on it regularly? It will help diminish the swelling that will come in the next few days.

If you feel you don't need to be seen but are in pain, perhaps a quick trip to see a pharmacist for pain relief (I believe tylenol #1 are kept behind the counter).

Take good care of yourself.:grouphug:

It doesn't hurt that much with the medication but I did take a pain pill this evening even though I usually only take them in the daytime. It really helps the pain. Thanks all. It mostly hurts if I touch it. Then it really hurts but otherwise, with the pain medication, it is okay. I am normally on pain medication because of arthritis so that helps both problems.

Yesterday my glasses fell off and I bent down to get them. Unfortunately, without my glasses, I don't see well. I have bad myopia and more importantly, significant astigmatism. So I accidentally hit my cheekbone on the desk edge. Well, at least I think I just cracked it, not a full break. I don't need treatment but it does hurt.

:grouphug: sorry...sounds really owie. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Faithe