Menu

Te-BOW! Te-BOW!

I'm not a Bronco's fan, but...GO TEBOW!

I wasn't a Tebow fan but now...GO TEBOW! and this coming from a Georgia Bulldog fan!(for those that don't understand, he played for one of UGA's biggest rivals-the Florida Gators). We haven't missed a Bronco game since he was named the starter. I just read this morning that he was homeschooled, somehow I had never heard that(amazing since they can find something bad to say week in and week out about him).

I just read this morning that he was homeschooled, somehow I had never heard that(amazing since they can find something bad to say week in and week out about him).

WHICH just goes to show that, to the media, having a strong Christian faith makes you a far larger target than shunning the public school system.

:confused::confused:

I don't get this....can you explain please? (genuine question)

astrid

He rarely gets teased in the media for being homeschooled, but he often gets teased for his very public displays of faith.

ETA: Although, to be fair, it's pretty difficult to publicly display your "homeschooled-ness" in the NFL. What would you do - write "WTM" under your eyes? :D

I've been a huge fan of his since the college days, what a great testimony he had and yes, I'm a fan of his mom too!:) Just so thrilled that a sold-out Christian young man is doing so well in the NFL. Now, for a change, we have a great role model for our boys instead of the thugs they put through the system just so they can make $$ for the associations.

:confused::confused:

I don't get this....can you explain please? (genuine question)

astrid

I was responding to this:

I just read this morning that he was homeschooled, somehow I had never heard that(amazing since they can find something bad to say week in and week out about him).

Tebow has attracted the media not because he's a spectacular player but because of his faith. You can find this by googling. Players comment specifically about his faith, giving him (unasked for) advice, the media headlines blare it. The large majority of the time, there are sarcastic or otherwise derogatory comments (which is why Angel said "something bad").

We hear often enough when "bad" "homeschoolers" make the news. I quoted both there, because it seems that often the "homeschoolers" the media are attacking (crazy kids, dead kids, etc.) are not legally hsed kids, but they are just not in the public school system.

Just my personal observations and belief.

Media reports make fun of his too-public showing of faith, that he should tone it down, display it privately, etc. But it seems clear that Tebow's not doing it for the benefit of public display. He's doing it to honor God, the one audience that he really cares about. I hope to raise such kids--not necessarily that they would make public displays, but that they honor God first and not be ashamed to make such a display.

I became a Florida fan while Tebow was playing there, not because he's a good player, but because he was homeschooled and is a Christian AND he's a good player. Now I'm a Broncos fan, particularly since the Colts have been losing. ;)

Most people around here are (rabid) UGA fans, and therefore despise the Florida Gators and even former Gators, including Tim Tebow. But I am not, NOT, NOT a UGA fan.

Go Jackets!

What a great role model for my guys!! My ds just finished his book and we all pull for him. Great family, great testimony! I heard an announcer this morning say on Fox News that Tebow has done for other people through his mission work and other benefits by his early twenties than most people will do in their entire life.

Most people around here are (rabid) UGA fans, and therefore despise the Florida Gators and even former Gators, including Tim Tebow. But I am not, NOT, NOT a UGA fan.

Go Jackets!

I am a UGA grad. Woof, Woof, GO DAWGS!. I can't believe I am pulling for a former Gator:001_huh:. BUT, I am a Bronco fan now and am enjoying this incredible time.

Tebow is an underdog that stands for just about everything that is not politically or socially correct right now, i.e. public Christian faith, homeschooled, anti-abortion, family-centered kid. I like that he's gutsy and sincere and that even those who do not share his beliefs seem, for the most part, to at least admire his conviction.

As far as a football player, he is an incredible leader. I have watched a lukewarm defense, offensive line, and special team members come together to make an actual TEAM that never gives up, who are not selfish players, and who have gotten much better since he became starting quarterback.

Now, if we could just get Elway in Tebow's corner. The kid is trying hard and deserves a chance. His stats blow Elway's out of the water for his first starting games.

I like him because he's an underdog. He's not got the typical Qback skills. He's a scrambler, an innovator. I'm one of those people who never does like the front runner - the Tiger Woods, the Michael Jordans. Not that I don't respect the athletic abilities of both but I like the every man. I like the athlete that isn't the most physically gifted or talented but works his tail off and makes it work.

But I like Tebow even more for being unashamed of his faith. He has a strong character. They can't leave him alone because he's not a thug. (Not saying that all other football players are but a lot of them are these days)

I am a UGA grad. Woof, Woof, GO DAWGS!. I can't believe I am pulling for a former Gator:001_huh:. BUT, I am a Bronco fan now and am enjoying this incredible time.

Interestingly, I attended UGA as a freshman. I hated it and couldn't transfer fast enough. But like you, and I have become a Broncos fan.

Tebow is an underdog that stands for just about everything that is not politically or socially correct right now, i.e. public Christian faith, homeschooled, anti-abortion, family-centered kid. I like that he's gutsy and sincere and that even those who do not share his beliefs seem, for the most part, to at least admire his conviction.

Yes, exactly.

My ds10 is getting his first poster for Christmas, Tim Tebow. I really like him as a roll model, even though we are not Christians. I like that he stands up for what he believes in in the face of controversy and worked hard toward his goals in football, which is difficult for homeschoolers as my ds is already worrying about. He's also gotten to where he is and is doing well without sacrificing his morals.