1. 1. Concealed carry?

• My spouse/significant other does
    • I do
    • I don't, but I'd consider it
    • We don't, but I'm glad others do
    • No
    • No WAY, you all are a bunch of paranoid yahoos
    • Shoot! I'm picking "Other"

I used to have a permit. But I don't need to concealed carry, and open carry is legal in my state. My main concern was a few 'camps' in the woods / river area near my house. I like to walk the trails with the kids (its a public area). Most people I know who carry do NOT advertise the fact.

(The sporting goods store near my house has a sign asking people to open the action before bringing their firearms in... I love my state!)

I'm glad that people have the right to concealed carry but no, I'm not interested in ever doing so.

I can't help but think of it as more dangerous to be walking around with a gun than without it. That's just me though.

I used to feel the same way, and still sometimes have that gut reaction. Then I got to better understand how they work and realized no, they don't just go off for no reason. If I don't have a round in the chamber it can't fire. Period. (actually, that depends on the gun.) My gun cannot fire without me actively racking the slide to chamber it and then pulling the trigger. Racking the slide is not something you could do accidentally.It takes a lot of effort.

just wanted to clarify that part, in case that is what you, or someone else, meant. I used to think that if you bumped it it could shoot someone.

Other. I'm still working up the gumption to learn how to shoot and I'm still undecided on keeping a gun or guns in my home, though I'm beginning to lean toward it.

I do associate with a few people permitted to carry, and I'm glad to have them at certain activities in which we participate. I don't think it would be a good idea for ME to do so, though.

My dh hunts so I am comfortable around shotguns and rifles. I would like to learn to use a handgun eventually--knowledge is power after all! ;) My dh has talked about getting his cc, but I don't see myself ever carrying. I can barely keep up with my cellphone these days! :tongue_smilie:I do fully support the right to cc.

Oddly enough, here in Texas, almost every store has a sign posted banning guns and that applies even if you have a ccl so it would be a giant pain to carry around a gun. I'm sure people still do it, but it is a misdemeanor to take it into a place that's posted.

Is it a misdemeanor to take it in or a misdemeanor to refuse to leave when asked?