Menu

Help me name a cat.

This guy is two years old at the most and looks just like Sylvester from Looney Tunes: longish hair, mostly black, white paws and beard. He was found being attacked by squirrels, not defending himself at all. He is a bit snobby and will only eat wet food. He is very very VERY affectionate, preferring to be held at all times; woe to you if you refuse.

Previous cats have been named: Cthulhu, the Scream, Edvard (who was the kitten of the Scream [the famous painting was by Edvard Munch and he said it was of his mother]) Velcro, Goth, brothers named Pluto and Titan, a visibly rough-and-tumble tomboy cat ironically named Precious, and Captain Kirk. Our blue dog is named Starry Night.

Intellectual jokes or poetic word plays are preferred. It has to be completely unique. Any ideas?

Oooo! How about Gato?

I want to suggest Fritz the Cat, but that would have to be an adult household, clever, funny cat name. :)

I think Spanish is too close to home for them to feel like Gato was an in-joke. And yes, I do hope my kids won't get the Fritz the Cat reference at least for a few more years. ;>D

Othello?

McCartney Wonder for Ebony and Ivory?

Maitre D, or Mr. Popper in reference to his Tuxedo markings. (the book, not the movie, which I've never seen).

We once had a cat with similar markings named Tuck for his tuxedo. Personally I favor food names. I had a Butterfinger, and would think of Oreo for a b&w cat.

For some reason the word Pianissimo comes to mind, too.