Menu

Less Annoying Christmas Music

Mannheim Steamroller

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Lorrie Line

These are all primarily instrumental

Oooh, Toby Keith Christmas, I didn't know about that :D

I know, I know. He's got a few faster ones I enjoy. But he's in the mix to pick up the country artists. Then, I just thumbs down anyone I don't like (Brad Paisley---shudder. Haven't heard a single one by him that I like.)

I love Pandora.

OP--who are some of your favorite artists, normally? Those are who I tend to look up when I'm searching. Then, you can search within their genre of music.

Yes, let us know what kind of music you like.

My DH is sad that he doesn't have enough Christmas music to fill up his 8gb mp3 player (only about 5-6 gbs). He feels we have a shortage :lol:.

Yes, let us know what kind of music you like.

My DH is sad that he doesn't have enough Christmas music to fill up his 8gb mp3 player (only about 5-6 gbs). He feels we have a shortage :lol:.

That's why I like Pandora. I even included a kid's Christmas channel. The Chipmunks begging Christmas to be on time brings back fond memories.

Elvis. There's an album of added voices creating duets with his songs. Its okay.

I really love Jewel's holiday album. Her voice is very sweet...her versions of O Holy Night and Ave Maria are very pleasant, but her Christmas version of Hands and a couple others really speak to me. Not sure why, not my usual music.

The CDs of Christmas Music played from antique music boxes, are lovely, too, I so enjoy them.

OP--who are some of your favorite artists, normally? Those are who I tend to look up when I'm searching. Then, you can search within their genre of music.

For the past ten years, my favorite music has been no music. I think having children has given me a deep a abiding need for silence:) But as they get older, I am starting to want to listen to music around the house more. For one thing, I am in the house alone more.

But my music tastes are eclectic and uninformed.

Yes, I am a Christian. I have a sentimental attachment to the old school Christmas recordings that I heard growing up - Gene Autrey, Sinatra, Bing Crosby. But those aren't really genres I would go for apart from just a childish attachment to my past. I'm not inclined to listen to entire choirs (I really loath choral music) or big band stuff.

I just spent an entire evening on Itunes and I made my first EVER playlist. Very proud.

So far it has Patty Loveless, Emmylou Harris, The Hopeful Gospel Quartet, Sufjan Stevens, The Band, Diane Krall .... like I said, sort of eclectic!

This is fun. I think I spent $12 tonight, and I will love what I have so far.

The song Mary, did you know can bring me to tears

Oh I love that song sung by Hayley Westenra. I can't even hardly sing along with it in the car without :crying:

I'm really enjoying Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli, and Celtic Woman on my Christmas playlist. Oh, and I love both of Martina McBride's Christmas albums, even though I'm not a big country music fan. Brooke Chenowith's album has some good songs. . . but also some seriously annoying songs too.

Edited by LemonPie

Yes, I am a Christian. I have a sentimental attachment to the old school Christmas recordings that I heard growing up - Gene Autrey, Sinatra, Bing Crosby. But those aren't really genres I would go for apart from just a childish attachment to my past. I'm not inclined to listen to entire choirs (I really loath choral music) or big band stuff.

You might really enjoy Michael Buble's Christmas album then.

ooh I was going to recommend Diana Krall.

if you want a more modern take how about Bela Fleck

or Vince Guaraldi Trio A Charlie Brown Christmas

You might find some tunes in there...I still need to learn how to make a playlist.

Bing Crosby White Christmas would be on there as well as his

mele kalikimaka

I posted a thread like this about a week ago, and got some great replies, but the one that won out was Sting's "If on a Winter's Night." Definitely not what you'd expect from a Christmas album, which makes it all the more interesting for us! I will admit that it has a somewhat darker feel than any of our other Christmas cd's, though, so it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Last year, we got Straight No Chaser's "All I Want For Christmas" album, and it's wonderful. Their "Mission Impossible" take on "We Three Kings" is very clever, and their comedy numbers are some of our favorites!