Menu

Wii fit users: Did it measure your weight accurately?

Hi ,

Interested in more info, we were looking into buying. Not serious yet. What is the scoop on it. How does it work and is it expensive. Would like for dh, he refuses to do exercise with me.

Thanks,

Jeannette:bigear:

It WEIGHS you!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! Does it show the weight on the television?

I just don't need my children knowing that sort of thing about me.

It weighs you and calculates your BMI. You can set goals and it will graph your progress.

I made everyone leave the room when it did the "body test". Luckily, you can password protect that information so no one can see it but you.

I just started today. I HATE to exercise. HATE, HATE, HATE it. But this was really kind of fun. Way better than that loathsome treadmill.

It WEIGHS you!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! Does it show the weight on the television?

I just don't need my children knowing that sort of thing about me.

No worries. :) You can password protect your profile, and it won't display your weight unless you click on "weight".

It has me about 2lb. lighter than my own scale. I'm using it on carpet. I tried the little feet, but they didn't really work for me.

It weighs you and calculates your BMI. You can set goals and it will graph your progress.

I made everyone leave the room when it did the "body test". Luckily, you can password protect that information so no one can see it but you.

I usually hide in the bathroom to calculate those things. The door locks, it's safe in there.

We have an area rug on top of our living room carpet and use the little feet it came with. It was right on for us. My kids have seen my weight and I really don't care, they know I'm working on losing weight so to them weight is just a number and don't really know what "normal" should be.

I do really like our WiiFit though I'm having a lot of fun with it and have stuck with it for a week already which is a record for me.

We have it on wooden floors.

I am really loving it. I usually start with aerobics then strength exercises followed by some balance games and finally some yoga to finish the session off. I am only doing the body test once a week or so. I am not trying to lose weight. I am on the low range of normal BMI. I just want to keep fit.

We are not using the body test for my 11 yo dd because I don't want her to become obsessed or upset by fluctuations in her weight/BMI. She is on the end range of normal BMI. I just want her to use it often and so far that is happening!

I can't believe it...but I'm actually thinking of getting one of these. I am so anti-video-anything that when I saw it at Costco last week, I just smirked as I passed by.

Of course then I caught the thread someone started about how they loved it and when I finished reading it, I was searching stores online for one.

My ds will flip when he hears that I want one. I really need the exercise so I'm glad to have caught these discussions.

Gals, are you having trouble actually purchasing the extra hard-drive components for the Wii?

I'm caving under serious Wii pressure (and also to make giving away our dog an easier pill to swallow), but the nice man at the gaming store told me getting Wii components like the balance/fitness bit or the dance pad was next to impossible.

Your experience?

Gals, are you having trouble actually purchasing the extra hard-drive components for the Wii?

I'm caving under serious Wii pressure (and also to make giving away our dog an easier pill to swallow), but the nice man at the gaming store told me getting Wii components like the balance/fitness bit or the dance pad was next to impossible.

Your experience?

If your willing to pay extra, there is always ebay. If not, google "wii fit tracker" or some such thing...there are a number of sites that you can sign up for to get notice when Wii Fit is in stock. I happened to luck out and catch one on the shelf at Best Buy the day they came out.:D

Your experience?

The stock of components varies, but you can get what you need within a reasonable time. However, Wii's are hard to come by. Go figure.

K

We didn't have any trouble. Gamestop is all of 5 miles away and we got both the wii and the wii fit there the day we wanted to buy each of them. I haven't looked for the DDR.

BTW, as of this morning, I'm down 13.9 pounds. I'll skip telling you how much that leaves, but it's working :)

Congrats on your sucsess!!:cheers2: Are you dieting too, or just spending lots of time playing Wii??? I'm only down about 2lbs as I haven't quite gotten around to the nutritionn part of my plan yet...

I feel like mine has been tracking my weight accurately. I know my initial weigh-in was "right on" -- Says I've lost 6 pounds in 2 days though... but some of that is when I weighed in initially (at night, after eating dinner).

Although, being pregnant, I may have to start skipping the body test altogether.

I've never done Yoga before, and have actually enjoyed it. My 6yo daughter is practicing her tree stance all day.

The soccer balance game is a hoot. Difficult for me to remember to use my body and not my head though:lol:

I wasn't doing a diet, but simply a little portion control.

However, that is going to change. My hubby and I started using P90X and are going to watch diet as well as reg wii sports with the kids and wii fit faves (I mostly step and work the bag). I'd LIKE to become addicted to the good stuff!

It weighed me as 8 lbs. lighter than my regular scale, but that was on carpet, without the little extender thingies for the feet.

I put the little feet on, and now the weight is right on.

I did my first 18 minutes on the WiiFit yesterday, and today I am *so sore!*

I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow to try again.

Even though I've always detested running, I think it's actually one of my favorite WiiFit games.

I got all excited when I read your post and weighed myself on the scale. Sadly, yes, it did weigh me correctly. Worst of all, my dh now knows my weight, because we were setting it up and he was right there. Oh well.

I am excited though-I am going to actually use it for the 1st time today!!

Also, I'm using it as a reward type thing for the kids-very effective.

Tammi