Menu

Tell me NOT to go in there!

DS (2.5yr) is still nursing before bed/nap. Tonight, I asked him to come to me and that it was time for "milk" (bed) 3 different times. He told me no and ran away all 3 times. So, I put his jammies on him and told him "no milk" because he didn't come when mommy asked.

I reluctantly put him to bed crying and screaming (he normally goes to bed very easily). He looked at me as I tucked him in and through his sobs said "I need you". I about lost it.

He's now in his bed crying and crying and crying for me. Tell me NOT to go in there cuz I really, REALLY want to.

I'd go. I also have a 2.5yo nursling, so I know where you're coming from. I'm at the "don't offer, don't refuse" stage. He skipped his nap today because he reneged on nursing twice. The weaning will come. Do your mama heart right! I can't imagine in 10 years you'll regret nursing him tonight.

I think it would be ok. I wouldn't expect a 2.5 year old to understand the verbal message. I think tomorrow you might have more luck with getting him to come and if he doesn't, remind him. And if he still doesn't, then I would put him to bed and not go back in. I don't think it would hurt anything this one time. Plus, I know how baby hungry you've been, so I would just say, "Go in and baby him a little."

Okay....I went in :)

He was still laying face down in his blankie sobbing. He's laying peacefully on my lap now.:001_wub:

I do hope it helps him "remember" to not run away tomorrow night though.

ETA: I have no issue with the nursing, I'm just so darn tired of him telling me "no" and running from me all.the.time!

Okay....I went in :)

He was still laying face down in his blankie sobbing. He's laying peacefully on my lap now.:001_wub:

I do hope it helps him "remember" to not run away tomorrow night though.

ETA: I have no issue with the nursing, I'm just so darn tired of him telling me "no" and running from me all.the.time!

:lol: I can only laugh because I feel your pain. That is Digby to a T. I guess they just think it's funny.:glare: Little stinkers.

:) You won't be sorry.

"The days are long but the years are short."

It's difficult to hear this when you are in the middle of exhuastion and the never-ending physical demands of little ones.

However endless the days may seem, fewer words are as true.

I know I'm not the OP, but I do appreciate hearing this message many times on these boards. For me at least, it does help keep things in perspective. Thank you.

Kristin, I read your OP, and before I read any of the replies, I was thinking 'Oh! Go in there! Go nurse that baby!'

I see you did go in. :001_smile:

What I wouldn't give to nurse my babies just one more time.

It's such a challenging time. But you have older ones; you know that in a blink of an eye, he'll be BIG.

You're a good mommy. :)

Kristin, I read your OP, and before I read any of the replies, I was thinking 'Oh! Go in there! Go nurse that baby!'

I see you did go in. :001_smile:

What I wouldn't give to nurse my babies just one more time.

It's such a challenging time. But you have older ones; you know that in a blink of an eye, he'll be BIG.

You're a good mommy. :)

Awww!! Thank you :) That just made my day.

:) You won't be sorry.

"The days are long but the years are short

You did the right thing....

My baby is almost 13. Her dad works out of town alot in the summer. Last summer, she went through a phase where she wanted to sleep with mom every night. I got tired of it! I like my privacy. I thought I was enforcing my boundaries. We argued about it. We went back and forth and she would BEG me to sleep in my bed. When I would let her she would snuggle up to me like a little baby all night.

THIS summer, dad left, I ask, "Are you sleeping with mom tonight?" "No, I don't think so." ??? Now she likes her own room, and she likes listening to her ipod in privacy before going to sleep. She likes her window open so she can look at the stars.

I spent half the summer asking "Are you sure you don't want to sleep with mom tonight?" A couple of times she did, but I think it was just to please ME more than because she wanted to.

I would give anything to have last summer back. I just didn't realize that was my last chance at that stage. :crying: