Menu

cloth or leather in a car?

I asked about a Toyota Sienna in another thread. Thanks for all the positive feedback. It is def the car I'd like to get.

Now, we always had leather seats. But I can't find that many used siennas with leather interior in our price range.

So, how are you liking cloth seats? :) Would it be completely crazy to have cloth seats with dc under 10?

We have cloth seats (can't stand leather in hot or cold weather.) We got our Sienna when my older two were 6 and 3 and the younger wasn't born. I am the one who made the mess, not the kids. Nobody notices it but me. I am sure if I went out there with the Green Machine, I would find lots of dirt, but they don't look too bad. When the kids were in car seats, I did put a towel underneath the seats to keep them cleaner.

I found that leather seats and car seats didn't go together well. The car seats would slide and dead a lot more damage to leather than to cloth seats (however, from a purely cleaning standpoint I preferred the leather). Car seats have probably improved quite a bit since I was using them.

I found that leather seats and car seats didn't go together well. The car seats would slide and dead a lot more damage to leather than to cloth seats (however, from a purely cleaning standpoint I preferred the leather). Car seats have probably improved quite a bit since I was using them.

That probably wasn't clear--when I was referring to car seats I meant baby and toddler car seats--not the regular seat in an automobile.

No, they haven't. ;)

I prefer cloth. Leather gets too hot for my taste. In my experience, car interior cloth is pretty rugged and cleans up pretty well.

:iagree: Leather is too. hot. during the summer here in the Deep South. We HATE having out sweaty skin stick to leather seats. It's just as bad as the old vinyl seats from the 70s.

We have a 9 year old van with cloth seats, and my youngest is 6. Our seats still look brand new, and the kides eat in there all the time. I have had the seats cleaned once a few years ago, but that was mainly because it was free with the floor cleaning. We live down where it reaches over 100 in the summer, so leather will not work for us.